cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP SQL Anywhere 17 editions and licensing

LTA
Discoverer
0 Kudos

I looking for SAP SQL Anywhere 17. But I have a bit question about editions and licensing

a.) SAP SQL Anywhere workgroup, Edge edition (per named users) limited number of CPU core on server or not ? If limited what is maximum number of CPU core is limited.

b.) SAP SQL Anywhere workgroup, Edge edition (Core version)
1 license how many core CPU can be used? If my server have 20 core CPU how many license do I have to buy

c.) SAP SQL Anywhere advanced edition (per named users) limited number of CPU core on server or not ?

d.) SAP SQL Anywhere, advanced edition (core version) 1 license how many core CPU can be used? If my server have 20 core CPU how many license do I have to buy?

e.) if I need additional named user I need to buy SQL Anywhere remote database client license right ?  (according to the number of users)

View Entire Topic
chris_keating
Advisor
Advisor

Workgroup

• Per Seat: All logical processors on all cores on up to 2 physical processors.
  • Core: All logical processors on all cores on up to 2 physical processors. Note that "all cores" is defined as the number of licensed cores.  For a 4 core license, this would mean at most 4 cores.

Advanced

• Per seat: all logical processors in the system
  • Core: all logical processors on at most n core(s) on any number of physical processors where n is the licensed cores.

The Personal Server allows for 10 connections and is permitted to use all logical processors on at most 4 cores on at most 1 physical processor.

Advance Edition 1 core license allows the server to use all logical processors on a single core. If you want to use all 20 cores, you will need 20 core license.

I do not know what license is needed for additional users but I think you are correct.

LTA
Discoverer
0 Kudos

SQL Anywhere 17 Edge edition limited core up to 8 core right? even per seat license

https://help.sap.com/docs/SUPPORT_CONTENT/sqlany/3362971103.html