cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Script.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Unlike the SE38 , SE71 is not showing the errors and the warnings,so how can I <b>debug</b> my Script in this case?

I have copied a standard form ,from client 000 but the text elements are coming in display mode but not in change mode though I have changed editor under <b>GOTO------->CHANGE EDITOR</b>.How to overcome this problem?

Thx in advance.

Regards.

Rajarshi.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

"Goto --> Change Editor" will only change the display of the page window code. Some people prefer to edit their forms in "Graphical PC Editor".

The "Goto --> Change Editor" command is the same as going through "Settings --> Form Painter --> Graphical PC Editor (checkbox)".

If you want to change a form, you start transaction SE71, enter your formname and press the Change button instead of the display button.

There is no way (that I've found), to go to Change mode once you're in Display mode, or vice versa for that matter.

I hope this answers your question.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tim,

I have already done what u suggest,but the problem remains same.I think this is a problem when copying the form from the original language.Plz give me some feedback on it.

Regards.

Rajarshi.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajarshi,

We have the option of syntax check in SE71 also.

Follow the path FORM->CHECK->

Regards,

Saji.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saji,

Thank you very much for the reply,my problem is partially solved.

Regards.

Rajarshi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajarshi,

I'm not sure if I understand your problem. Scripts can be debugged (transaction SE71 -> Utilities -> Activate debugger).

Regards,

John.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

Thx for your kind concern,from Utilities I have not found active debugger ( I am working in 4.7 version )but from FROM--->CHECK I got my answer.If you mean something different plz respond.

Thank you again.

Regards.

Rajarshi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajarshi,

Sorry I forgot to mention our version, we are still on 4.6.

Regards,

John.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You will find activate debugger in the initial screen itself of the se71 .

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajarshi,

In 4.7 you should be able to find Acivate Debugger in Utilities itself. Make sure that you are going into utilities before entering the SAP script(ie in the initial screen of SE71).

Regards,

Saji.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As you have copied from Standard form, specify the language as DE in SE71 initial screen, and then go to change mode. Then you can change the text elements.