cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP S/4 HANA public cloud deployment infrastructure

LukasK
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello, I would like to ask regarding to the point "Deployment Infrastructure": I found in SAP Documentation that is possible for SAP S/4 HANA public cloud to have Infrastructure at different provider than SAP Data Center? Is it correct? 

From my point of view it doesn´t make sense since S/4 HC public version is multitenant version and suppose to run on SAP Data Center.

SaaS.png

View Entire Topic
George_Yu
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Lukas,

The answer is true to your question. Then you might ask Why?

Well, that is because scalability and economics. As SAP public cloud customers increase, the demand for data center increases as well. SAP has its own data centers but we are not in the data center business. In the meantime, our partners have built up many data centers as their core business! So for public cloud customers, you sign the solution contract with SAP, but which data center (SAP's or partners) can be discussed depending on your business needs. For example, if a partner data center is in your region while there is no SAP data center nearby, a customer probably will opt to it to gain the performance. There is no price difference. From end users' perspective, it doesn't matter as everything is operated with a common standard.

Regards,

George