Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP S/4 HANA Cloud Integration with SAP PO 7.5

former_member228109
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

We are migrating from SAP ECC to SAP S/4 HANA Cloud but we are not migrating from SAP PO to CPI.

I am having few doubts regarding SAP S/4 HANA Cloud Integration with SAP PO 7.5. .

1. How to integrate existing IDoc, RFC, PROXY interfaces with SAP PO after S/4 HANA migration?

2. Which adapters will be available in S/4 HANA Cloud to integrate with SAP PO?

3. Are there any interfaces/adapters which will not work once migrated to S/4 HANA?

4. Is it mandatory to have SAP Cloud Connector installed on PO in order to integrate with S/4 HANA Cloud or we can integrate directly with published APIs using standard SOAP/OData/HTTP adapters in PO?

I would appreciate if anyone could please help me with this or provide any blogs to refer.

Regards,

Nikhil Save

JulianoRomanato
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello nikhil.save.

How are you? I have excluded the Tag "SAP S/4HANA Cloud" and included the Tag "SAP S/4HANA Cloud Extensibility" for this question, as Integrations are related to Extensibility.

Regards.

Juliano Romanato.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

VijayKonam
Active Contributor

You would use the standard methods of communication like IDoc XML or SOAP etc to talk to PO systems. S4 does support XI adapter too.

The only difference is that, SAP S4 Cloud to reach to your PO, you need to have cloud connector installed in your network. Need not be/should not be on the PO system. It is a stand alone system and can go in DMZ or inside the firewall per your organization standards.

For PO to reach to S4, it is always over the internet port 443 using SOAP/REST/HTTP/XI adapters.

Rest everything should remain the same.

former_member228109
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Vijay for your valuable inputs. Appreciated!!

Just one last query regarding Cloud connector. Cant we expose PO's SOAP/HTTP/OData services over the internet and integrate without Cloud connector, Similarly the way we provide our SOAP/HTTP/REST endpoints to any third party?

Regards,

Nikhil Save

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi vijaykonam ,

Does SAP S/4 HANA on Premise integration with SAP PI 7.5 have the same issue?

Regards

JianJia