cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP R/3 Fields to BW InfoObjects Mapping Documentation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

As a newbie, one of many challenges that I face is to map SAP R/3 fields to its corresponding InfoObjects in BW. I've learned that we can run transaction <b>SE11</b> and view table <b>RSOSFIELDMAP</b>, in order to know the mapping between OLTP Source Fields and InfoObjects.

However, there are many fields that have not been mapped in this table, like PAYR-CHECT, PAYR-ZBNKN and PAYR-ZBNKL, to name a few.

So I just wonder, has anyone out there compiled this mapping into a document or published it on any web site?

Appreciate if you could let me know about this.

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fulham,

Yes. It is.

In case you do need to see the source code for other extractors for other datasources then the path is R/3 -> SE11/SE16 -> ROOSOURCE -> type in the name of the datasource in the selection screen. If the extractor type if F1 or F2 then you would find the function module name and you can see the code.

You can also check Roberto's blog:

/people/sap.user72/blog/2005/09/05/sap-bw-and-business-content-datasources-in-pursuit-of-the-origins

Bye

Dinesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Dinesh for the article.

I think I am going to close this question.

Thanks everyone for your help.

Cheers.

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fulham,

Yes. If your datasource is based on a function module then you check the code in SE37. For 0FI_AP_4 the function module is BWFID_GET_FIAP_ITEM .

Bye

Dinesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dinesh,

So that is the source code.

Thanks for your help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fulham,

It is SAP. Even some standard fields from R/3 are mapped onto some other fields in Extractors. You might need to debug the RSA3 process if you need to understand where exactly is the standard R/3 field is mapped to. Else, compare the values in the extractor with the values in the R/3 data base table. But, there is no standard way to find this out.

Thanks and Regards

Subray Hegde

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Subray,

You mentioned about debugging in RSA3. That's something new to me. Just curious though, is it possible for me to see the "source code" of DataSources e.g. 0FI_AP_4.

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Dinesh & Subray for answering my question.

I am just curious though, why there is no Business Content objects for standard fields that we have in SAP R/3. I mean, I would expect something as common as <b>Check Number</b> to be included in the Business Content InfoObjects, agree?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fulham,

In help.sap.com, you can check out the datasource and the fields mapped from which table. Just check the business content section.

eg. http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/7a/c3143c26b8bc00e10000000a114084/frameset.htm and click on any of the available links under datasource.

I find this extremely helpful when I need to find out the objects and the tables. Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Gim

Message was edited by: Gim Lee Koh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fulham,

Please check the table RSTSFIELD as well in BW. This will give you some more insight into the infoobject-R/3 field mapping. Please use only the data element names.

Thanks and Regards

Subray Hegde

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I dont think there is any specific document for your requirement. However you do get most of the information on help.sap.com.

Bye

Dinesh