Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP provided APIs for Sales onDemand

ankurgodre
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I have an urgent requirement on a project wherein i need to integrate a third party website (Which shall provide consumer reviews, feeds info, consumer feedback & questions on a product etc. have to be picked up through a middleware based on Java platform & fed into SAP & the data has to flow from SAP to third party as well).

I need to know which APIs provided by SAP can be used for the above mentioned requirement?

Also, where on SAP Sales OnDemand system will I find the info on these APIs?

Please revert on this, its a very urgent requirement.

Many Thanks in advance.

Ankur

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ThomasSchneider
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Ankur,

you can integrate an external link or page as a mashup. Please see the documentation for mashups:

- as key user tool: In a Customer OD system: Application and User Management -> Mashup Authoring -> opern the help center.

- Mashup authoring with the SDK: Documentation:

http://help.sap.com/sdk – SDK for On-Demand Solutions – Help (Print or Online version) – Developer Desktop – Mashups.

For an overview on all integration capabilities, see my overview document:

Best regards,

Thomas

ankurgodre
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Many Thanks Thomas for your response.

I have that documentation with me.

The issue is my team is absolutely new on this & that's where the hurdle lies.

We need to figure out the SAP provided APIs which can be used so that we can inform our client the same, which they can in turn inform to SAP, as there is some specific time frame under which these changes to SAP provided APIs should be intimated to SAP so that they can change them if required.

I'm trying to know:

1. Which are the SAP provided APIs & where can I find them on the OnDemand system?

2. Once I find the location of those APIs, I need to figure out which ones can I use for my requirement?

3. Then I need to figure out, what changes should be made to those standard APIs & inform the client accordingly so that they can intimate SAP to make those changes before we start doing any development.

4. Once we are through with this activity, we need to initiate creation of web services in order to accomplish connectivity & data transfer between SAP OnDemand & a middleware (Java based) which shall be providing data to SAP & sending data back to the third part website for further processing from SAP.

I would highly appreciate your pointers on my requirement mentioned above Thomas.

Many Thanks.

Ankur

ankurgodre
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

I've found answers to the below 2 points:

1. Which are the SAP provided APIs & where can I find them on the OnDemand system?

2. Once I find the location of those APIs, I need to figure out which ones can I use for my requirement?

Now, as per SAP, the changes if any required in SAP provided API to the customer are owned by SAP, i.e. SAP will make any changes if required.

Then based on the above, how can we make any changes to existing API's if required?Also, if we want to add some additional fields in a specific screen, what I understand is we can use the ADAPT button on top of SOD screen, but in order to, say for example, populate a field with some values, we need to write some code for that, where exactly will we do it?

Could you please throw some light on this?

Many Thanks for your time.

Ankur

Answers (0)