cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP PI FTPS connection issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have to access FTPS server from SAP PI to get XML files.

Please advice me and thanks in advance.

When I use FTP client program such as WS_FTP, I can connect FTPS server (while connecting the server WS_FTP client software downloads server certificate automatically).

However when I use PI, it won't work.

Here are error message and PI parameters.

Message processing failed. Cause: com.sap.engine.interfaces.messaging.api.exception.MessagingException: Error when getting an FTP connection from connection pool: com.sap.aii.af.lib.util.concurrent.ResourcePoolException: Unable to create new pooled resource: FTPEx:  

Error when getting an FTP connection from connection pool: com.sap.aii.af.lib.util.concurrent.ResourcePoolException: Unable to create new pooled resource: FTPEx:  

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Private_Member_12188
Active Participant
0 Kudos

A couple of things to check.

1. Does the FTPS server expect an implicit or explicit connection type?  PI can only use explicit communication for the FTPS adapter.  Can you have the FTPs server use explicit?  This should resolve the pooled resource issue.

Going off your post saying that the WS_FTP client has to download the certificate you should also check the following.

1. Check that the certificate you installed in NWA has a full certificate chain.  When you use that certificate in ws_ftp do you see any certificate warnings?  If so you can download and install the root certificate from the certificates issuer (e.g. thawte.com, verisign.com, etc.)
  2. Validate your certificate in NWA
    1. Go to TrustedCAs
    2. Select Import Entry
    3. Select the certificate type and import.
    4. Ensure the the certificate was imported properly.  As you can see from the image below, we had issues with a third party certificate not having a full chain in the certificate.  We imported the certificates from the issuing authority and our certificate issue was resolved.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yun Lee,

Is this the only connection to the FTP in PI? I see that connection mode is set to permanently.

Try changing your connection mode from permanently to per transaction, and activate. If that doesn't work then look at SAP Note 821267 or have you Basis team increase the number of threads on the file adapter.

Bhargavakrishna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

change your data connection to ACTIVE instead of passive in File communication channel

it should work..

Regards

Bhargava krishna

Bhargavakrishna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi yun Lee,

Try to connect the FTP server from PI server. Go to command prompt and ping the ftp server with the IP address. if your are getting response from the server.

Then try to login the server by giving the User name and password. if it is working then the connection is ok. [ This is to check whether you have authentication or not].

check the folder you are trying to access is having read/write permissions.

If everything is perfect, restart the ftp server and check it.

OR

some times this error occurred, if maximum number of possible connections to the FTP server are reached. so due to this you may not able to connect to the server.

you just need to contact FTP team, they will take care.

OR

sometimes firewalls will block the connections.

Hope it will helpful..

Regards

Bhargava krishna

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think your certificate is not correctly stored in the keystore as expected and that does not handshake with the ftps server at runtime.Can you check this link and see that your configuration is as we need. 

http://scn.sap.com/people/rajasekhar.reddy14/blog/2010/04/13/how-to-configure-ftps-in-file-adapter

In addition you might also want to check this thread

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1368381