cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP ONE Support Launchpad - Incidents: can I create my own tile?

joachimrees1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If I have a URL for a cretain configuration if the Incidents-App (like theones I mention in https://blogs.sap.com/2017/01/10/sap-one-support-launchpad-.-show-me-all-incidents/ )

Is it possbile to create a tile out of it?

I'm pretty sure Fiori an the Launchpad-Framwork to allow that somehow, but is it possible to to do that in SAP ONE Support Launchpad? (And how?)

This ilustrates what I would like to have:

The URL that should power that tile is https://launchpad.support.sap.com/#incident/all/filters/status=1,C,S,3,R,5,N&lastUpdate=ALL&selected...

thanks

Joachim

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member195727
Participant

Hi Joachim,

thanks for your idea. This is something we are already discussing internally and have it on our list of requirements, how to save queries e.g. 'as tiles' - not only for incidents.

Unfortunately at the current point of time I cannot make an commitment about date of delivery.

Kind regards, Arno

joachimrees1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

OK, thanks Arno!

joachimrees1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arno,

can you report about any new developments in this case (= enabling the users to create their Launchpad in a way useful to them?)

best

Joachim

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member195727
Participant

Hi Joachim,

fully agree, a KPI on tiles created by 'save as tile' would be very helpful. It is already part of the backlog. Unfortunately, at the current point in time I cannot make any statement about a delivery date.

In any case, we received positive feedback from customer side already for the first step (tile without KPI). So thank you very much for your input.

Arno

P.S.: Save as tile is also available for Products

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hi Joachim,

You can ask SAP ONE Support team to enhance. Only the launchpad admin can add a tile to a catalog and we do not have the authorization. There is "Contact Us" link at the left bottom.

User can only personalize the launchpad. For example enabling/hiding a tile to a group.

Regards,

Masa / SAP Technology RIG

joachimrees1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Masa,

ok, I wrote an E-Mail via the "Contact us" button, let's see how this works out. (I'm not sure, if I am really being understood, but we will see!

Thanks for your feedback!

Joachim

joachimrees1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Uh-oh, I knew this was going to be hard:

I do not want the "Open Incidents" (read: "Open Incidents @SAP")-App.

I know that I can call it, and then change the filter, but that is NOT a positive User-Experience. (In that case, I'd rather go with my bookmarked URL)

-> I want that additional tile in my Launchpad, showing me the correct number (KPI).

(What I really want: being able to create+add my own tiles, based on any filter-configuration of the Incidens-App I can imaging)

@Masa, you understood what I want, right? Do you have any chance to sneak my Idea past 1st-Level support somehow? (e.g. using your Mentor-suprpowers? 😉 ).

best

Joachim

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Joachim,

Actual endusers always know the best user experience. I agree that it is a valid enhancement request to SAP ONE support team. Please try again with a story that you are suggesting a better user experience from end user point of view. I will try to find the responsible and share your idea.

Regards,

Masa / SAP Technology RIG

former_member195727
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Joachim,

good news: this is finally possible: https://twitter.com/ArnoHelmling/status/1070646643396149254

Kind regards, Arno

joachimrees1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arno,

very nice, thanks a lot, especially for remembering after such a long time!

I tried it out today, unfortunately it is only half of what I wished for:

I can now save the search as a tile, all right.

But it doesn't show me the number on that tile 😞

So basically, instead of a link/bookmark I now have a "square bookmark" (the tile). But the very part that would give me a benefit (-> seeing the number of incidents hit with that search) is missing! 😞

Hope you can eventually add that, too!

best

Joachim