cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP NWBC for HTML - Web Browser Support on MacOS and Linux

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are implementing SAP SRM 7.0 Enh2. We would like to avoid implementation of SAP NW Portal to access SRM application in the Self Service Procurement Scenarios. The alternative is to use SAP NWBC for HTML.

However, we saw in the SAP Netweaver 7.03 PAM (on which SAP SRM 7.02 is based) that SAP NWBC for HTML access through Firefox and Safari is not supported on MacOS and Linux client platforms (only on Windows client platforms).

In note 1620576, it is not stated clearly that SAP NWBC for HTML is not supported on MacOS and Linux.

Is there an official statement from SAP about the support of Firefox on MacOs and Linux client platforms for SAP NWBC 3.5 for HTML?

Thanks for your support

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I share your issue and concern. I’ve been hoping for better statements from SAP on Apple Safari compatibility for some time now. We are running ESS/MSS on NWBC for HTML v3.0 (NetWeaver 7.02 release).  For the most part things are good even in Safari – but the biggest issue has been our ESS Payslip which runs web dynpro component HRESS_A_PAYSLIP  with an Adobe form. That component does not operate well at all in Safari. We’re upgrading to EHP6 and NetWeaver 7.03 starting next month. I’m hoping to see some improved results with Safari post-upgrade, but am not feeling very confident. SAP really needs to show some improvements on browser compatibility with Safari and Google Chrome, too.

julieplummer20
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Jay,

Is this an NWBC issue, or an WDA/dobe Forms issue? That is, if you run the ESS/MSS applications standalone in a browser, do they work? If they do work, please get back to us - it may be an NWBC issue. If it doesn't work, then it is a WDA / Forms issue -  you need to solve that issue first.

Best wishes,
Julie.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Julie,

This is an older response that I gave. My issue with the Safari standalone browser was fixed with an EHP6 upgrade and support packs. It was not WDA / Forms-related.

I would say we still have lots of issues working with mobile browsers. I'm well aware of SAP Fiori but the extra $ makes that option unrealistic for us.

Also, we're currently having problems with Firefox locking records and not unlocking them when exiting the application. I've had a message open with SAP since October about the issue, but so far they've not provided me with any solution. Maybe our mid-year SP Stack upgrade will fix that issue.

Thanks for checking.

julieplummer20
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Jay,

Sorry,  I thought I had aent this ages ago.

Please send me the customer number. I can't promise a solution, but I will look into it.

Best wishes,

Julie.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Julie, for my Firefox browser problem I've already opened Incident 1027116 back on Nov. 1, 2013. At this time it's still open and SAP support is investigating.

former_member183060
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Jay,

I checked on the Incident. The first and most important step to help the analysis going further is to update Your Runtime Environment to the most current one based on Note 1353538 (that is currently PL35 - with all prerequisites of course).

Best regards

Melinda

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

julieplummer20
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Frederic,

I don't quite understand. I have opened the new PAM , navigated to NW7.03, Browser Support, and selected MacOS. Here I can see 9 entries of supported browsers - 5 Safari, 4 Linux.

Where is the information that this is not supported?

Thanks and best wishes,

Julie.

PS here are the 2 relevant PAMs:

PAM for 730:

https://service.sap.com/sap/support/pam?hash=s%3Dsap%2520netweaver%26filter%3D%26o%3Dmost_viewed%257...clfilter%3DS%257CSAP%2520BASIS%25207.30

PAM for 731:

https://service.sap.com/sap/support/pam?hash=s%3Dsap%2520netweaver%26filter%3D%26o%3Dmost_viewed%257...CWBRPFM%26ainstnr%3D01200615324900011018%26fclfilter%3DS%257CSAP%2520BASIS%25207.31