Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Netweaver BPM Questions - Appreciate all BPM/BRM Experts's Inputs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have few questions on SAP Netweaver BPM/BRM

1) I read through so many documents and believe I am in a position to do some hands on but still a little scared and confused on where and how to start using SAP NWDS (already downloaded in my machine)

2) I downloaded CE server from SDN, but no luck in making it work. Can anyone guide step by step instruction on installing and downloading CE and NWDS once again so I can reinstall those in my PC properly.

2) I have already got a full fledged BPM/BRM scenarios in my Customer system but wanted to import those in my SAP NWDS to familiarize myself with BPM. how do I export those objects from the customer system and import in NWDS?

3) What are the best tools and practices to follow during BPM/BRM tenure?

Thanks

mike

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks closing the thread

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anybody?

Is it so difficult questions?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Michael,

I don't think these are 'difficult' questions, but they are broad in nature, which probably makes it challenging for one to respond in a forum thread. But I'll take a shot...

1) I read through so many documents and believe I am in a position to do some hands on but still a little scared and confused on where and how to start using SAP NWDS (already downloaded in my machine)

[Response] In the help section of NWDS, there's a section called "SAP NetWeaver Developer Studio Documentation". It has thorough documentation from the "hello world" level on how to build various applications (CAF, BPM, etc) using NWDS. That would be a good start.

2) I downloaded CE server from SDN, but no luck in making it work. Can anyone guide step by step instruction on installing and downloading CE and NWDS once again so I can reinstall those in my PC properly.

[Response] This is the tough one to explain via forum. One thing you can do is post the error message you are getting while trying to install / start the CE instance and someone can help to resolve the issue. Faster way would be to befriend a basis person from your org. and have them install it for you. But if you still feel that you want to install by yourself, then I would suggest looking up the install guide in SMP.

2) I have already got a full fledged BPM/BRM scenarios in my Customer system but wanted to import those in my SAP NWDS to familiarize myself with BPM. how do I export those objects from the customer system and import in NWDS?

[Response] Unless these scenarios are in NWDI that you can connect and import, I can't think of any direct approach to import it from the CE server.

3) What are the best tools and practices to follow during BPM/BRM tenure?

[Response] I would say start with the NWDS help, once you get comfortable, you can expand to the best practices - which you can find a ton of material right here in SCN.

- Rao

stefan_henke
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

1) You can find some articles and tutorials in the Composition area of SDN:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/nw-composition

3) If the scenario is deployed to the server already, there is no possibility to export the scenario and import it again into the NWDS. Howver, if the scenario is available in NWDS (regardless if in a NWDI track or only locally), you can run the "Export SC" functionality in the Development Infrastructure perspective or the "Export Product" feature in Composite Designer.

Hope this help.

Best regards.

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thx Stefan and Rao for your valuable inputs

To both of you.

Now that I have installed CE 7.2 trial version and NWDS and started practising in my personal PC, is it not possible to import/export the customer CE production system project and components in my local NWDS?

If not, then how a new person coming as a BPM developer in between gets access to all the projects in the system for enhancement. Any response is appreciated

-mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

anybody?

Appreciate your response