cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP MDG: Set fields as mandatory in change request type (UIBB customer and supplier governance)

sven_hertig1
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I want to set some fields as mandatory in the change request type. What is the SAP standard way or in other words what does SAP recommend (SAP Best Practice)?

Thanks and

Best regards,

Sven

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

chahoud
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sven,

If you want to make the fields as mandatory independent from CR type then you can do it in DM customizing.

But If you want it by CR type then you have to handle it in BADI USMD_RULE_SERVICE in check_entity method.

sven_hertig1
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Wisam & Markus,

thanks a lot for your tips how to handle the SAP Best Practice way to solve my issue. In our scenario we want to set mandatory fields, derive default values and also add new entities (e.g. more than one company code for each supplier) per change request type. There for I will use the BAdI USMD_RULE_SERVICE because of the many posibilitties.

Thanks and

Best regards,

Sven

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

luisguereca
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

Other Option to set default values or to set mandatory field through error message is to use Validations and Derivations (BBF plus) tcode USMD_RULE, this will avoid Abap coding and functional consultant can configure it

sap-mdg-bp-bbfplus-postal-code-mantadory.jpg .

Mark63
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

See the SAP note https://launchpad.support.sap.com/#/notes/2847807, section Field Properties.

The note also has an attached document: Define Field Properties shows a detailed guide incl. screenshots.