cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP MDG HUB Deployment and Co-deployment

manichand_ale
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi all, I am new to SAP MDG. Can you please explain me in detail what is HUB deployment and Co-deployment and their pros and cons.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

RiccardoBrogi
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hi manichand_ale,

In an HUB deployment, MDG runs on a separated, dedicated system that is exclusively utilized for master data management.

On the other side, we talk about a Co-deployment of SAP MDG in case it is activated on top of an existing operational ERP/ S/4HANA system.

See this guide for some deployment considerations.

BR,

R.

manichand_ale
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks Riccardo Brogi,

How flex and reuse mode works in these two deployment options, can you please explain it in detail.

RiccardoBrogi
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi manichand_ale,

Flex and reuse are the two working mode supported by MDG. In summary, in flex-mode master records are persisted in the MDG staging tables even after the corresponding change requests are finalized and the data activated. This is the standard way of working of MDG-F.

Au contraire, reuse implies that the records are automatically pushed from the MDG staging tables to the "classical" tables of the underlying ERP/ S/4HANA once the MDG process in completed (standard for MDG-M, MDG-C and MDG-S).

The topic has been discussed multiple times in the past, for example in this thread and in this one.

I hope this helps,

R.