cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP MDG Derivation on SUBMIT

0 Kudos

MDG Gurus,

I have a requirement where user wants all the plant related(13 entities) and valuation data derived on the event of clicking submit on Change Request

User will enter one plant on the screen before submitting the Change Request and that plant should be treated as Template plant & We need to push some more plants from the same Company Code by inheriting data from the template plant.

I am trying to achieve this by creating a background step in Workflow after submit then agent routing happening.

1. Governance api cannot be instantiated. 2. Write_Char_Value is not working.

Any help!

Regards,

Saha

0 Kudos

Latest update is CONV_SOM_API is also tried now, It is writing type 4 by locking type 1 successfully but in the UI no change is seen.

The CR status is absolutely fine i mean writeable status.

Background step is created and reading of the UI data and structuring the to be derived data is also done. My problem is in writing that data to the UI successfully.

I need to derive this data after requestor clicks on SUBMIT.

Please don't suggest the same thing as a solution which i am doing already.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

partha_kar2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Latest update is CONV_SOM_API is also tried now, It is writing type 4 by locking type 1 successfully but in the UI no change is seen.

---Use the class - CL_USMD_GOV_API - methods IF_USMD_GOV_API_ENTITY~READ_ENTITY will help in reading the entity data inside the BADI

IF_USMD_GOV_API_ENTITY~WRITE_ENTITY - this would help in writing data to entity

The moment the write data is successful, and the BADI has completed execution, you will be able to see the new data on screen

former_member260552
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

The Solution provided by Partha will work perfectly fine. If you are facing challenge in writing, i suggest you look at the status of the change request as it might be possible that changes are not allowed as per the status you are setting.

Alternatively you can also look at Enrichment Badi provided for Material which can help you derive the data on approval if the data is just to be copied from template.

Regards

Abdul

partha_kar2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

At submit, you might have to trigger the system caller BADI with the rule base WF at step 00, configured in the "non-user agent table" in USMD_SSW_RULE against a condition alias. In that BADI, you can read the entity and write the same with new values.

partha_kar2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello

Please use the cross entity BADI for this, which works on round trip of data changes in an entity, this can be done while on-screen whenever there is new template plant added to material rather than on submission.

Regards

Partha

0 Kudos

Yes that is a solution which really makes sense and i know this requirement is weird. So there is no way to derive on SUBMIT? 😞