cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Licensing impact of RPA implementation

0 Kudos

Hi,

What is an impact on the SAP user Licensing on implementation of an RPA solution? Is it considered as human/named user ?

And how the SOD can be handled in case BOT is performing multiple activities that might conflict each other in view of SOD?

Regards,

Lalit

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

On the user licence part, what I recently learned that access via RPA is considered as an indirect/digital access.

So existing Customer has 3 choices to choose for the new indirect/digital pricing model.

• Option 1 - Status Quo - Do nothing
  • Option 2 - License Exchange
  • Option 3 - Contract Conversion

More at https://discover.sap.com/digital-access/en-us/index.html

0 Kudos

Agree in case of the attended BOTs, but these dynamics changes for unattended BOTs. Also what I heard that SAP considers human login vs robot login differently.

Srinivas-Rao
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lalit - Not completely getting your perspective on the unattended bots, but these bots should be running on the servers rather than any business users desktop...and also the relevant credentials are stored in cloud factory, the authorization needs to be controlled as per the selected unattended scenarios..and at the end it can be only one user for all the unattended jobs Or can differ based on the security framework built. If this does not answer, could you please elaborate on your concern?

Thanks

SR

Srinivas-Rao
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lalit - As far as I understand, there is no impact on the user licensing since the attended mode of execution is where the steps are automated in absence of which the user would have manually done it - after logging in the system. From SOD perspective, the same concept needs to be taken into consideration when the bot packages are assigned to the environments. Ideally you can create multiple environments each mapping to one functional area -- this one you have segregation by assigning appropriate agent user group.

Thanks

SR.