cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP KM vs. Documentum

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does anyone know of any documentation or anywhere else that I could find information that compares document management solutions between SAP KM and Documentum?

Thanks, points will be awarded for anything that is helpful.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good morning.

Hi I would like to know me as they are the advantages and disadvantages of KM and Documentum, if you have any documentation about it, please send me a link. I will make a presentation and the client wants to ask on this subject.

Thanks a lot

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we use both - SAP KM & Documentum (Web Content Management).

What's your szenario?

Feel free to contact me via email.

Best regards

Sandra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

<b>The Knowledge Management platform</b> is delivered within the SAP Enterprise Portal and provides access to an organization's unstructured information (documents). The information may reside in multiple repositories that can be connected to the portal by repository managers. (Some repository managers are delivered by SAP; other can be programmed based on open APIs.) The functions of the <b>KM</b> platform can be exposed to the documents in all connected repositories, given that the respective repository manager allows it.

The major functional areas of <b>KM</b> are: • Content Management, which supports the entire lifecycle of documents, including the authoring, storage, management, and display of documents. It also manages the connection between document repositories and the portal and provides collaborative functions such as feedback, rating, subscription, etc. • Search and Classification (TREX), which processes search queries on free-text or attributes, and provides automatic classification in taxonomies and text mining. TREX is also used in other building blocks of SAP NetWeaver such as SAP Business Intelligence.

<b>Documentum</b>,produces an enterprise content management system for global enterprises worldwide.

<b>Documentum</b> is widely known for a long history of enterprise content management firsts. <b>Documentum</b> was the first to offer document, web content and rich media content management in one platform. Documentum was the first to achieve mainframe-scale performance with a billion-object repository benchmark. <b>Documentum</b> was the first to introduce XML into a content management system.

<b>Documentum Content Transformation Services</b> is a new offering that provides users a single and easily managed tool from which to perform all content transformations. Using a wizard-based approach, customers can more easily transform common desktop documents and rich media formats -- such as images, audio and video -- into any compatible content type.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Pooja.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

We have implemened WDK for portlets in SAP EP SR1. WDK is configured in J2EE mode with SSO to content server.

Peter Chvojka

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

please do visits the site you can atleast make out the comparative analysis as this contain a technical pdf which is worth going through

Wingspan Technology, has iViews that integrate Documentum with NetWeaver Portal. You can register for a trial via the web:

<http://www.wingspantech.com/default.asp?id=news16>

with regards

<b>subrato kundu

IBM

SAP Enterprise Technology Consultant</b>

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not looking for a way to Integrate Documentum into the Portal. Just what the differences are between document management between SAP KM and Documentum

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

i would still suggest go through the pdf in this site because when you are integrating then basically you are overriding the differences for e.g doccumentum repository structure and SAP KM repository structure ;customiZation of doccumentum repository vs KM repository. Integration check points are mentioned hope this help you because as both are content management solutions

With regards

subrato kundu

Former Member
0 Kudos

The PDF does not cover what the differences are, the differences may be overwritten when you integrate but their PDF only explains how they have iViews that integrate Documentum w/ SAP, not the differences.

I am specifically looking for what the differences between the two document management systems are.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi smith,

Me too wants the same requirement.

I want some documents for difference between

Documentum(ECM Product) and Knowledge Management(SAP NW Product).

Please send me documents regd. this to the following Id

vasudevan.d@rediffmail.com

Thanks in advance.

Thanks & Regards

Vasu