cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP IDM Lotus Notes : Missing dll

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

We are trying to connect SAP IDM to Lotus Notes, and we are facing some connexion issues.

When we run Notes u2013 initial load job, we have exactly the same error log as in this forum discussion:

But additionally we can not find the MXEXTPWD.DLL files, witch is supposed to be in the Identity Center installation directory (C:\ProgramFiles\SAP\IdM\Identity Center)

In the forum discussion they talk bout MXVBNote.dll and MXNotes.dll, we canu2019t find them neither.

Does anyone know in witch step the MXEXTPWD.DLL is created? Or where we can find it?

Regards

SAP Netweaver IDM 7.1 SP5

Lotus Notes Client 8.5.1

Windows Server 2003 R2

Edited by: Jeremy Baars on Mar 7, 2011 11:57 AM

Edited by: Jeremy Baars on Mar 7, 2011 12:01 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The file does not get generated. It should be a part of the distribution archive / CD.

You might want to try downloading version 7.0 and see if it's there.

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matt,

Thanks for this suggestions, but if you mean MXVBNotes.dll and MXNotes.dll files, they already exist in the source installation folder in IC_DESIGNTIME_71\Setup\System32, I just copy them in C:/WINDOWS and in the identity Center installation directory C:/Program Files\SAP\IdM\Identity Center.

Now that I tried the provisioning Workflow from Idm Web interface, i got an error message on the "create notes user ext" witch says:

object doesn't support this property or method

Script error: Object Required: u2018NotesDBu2019:Function u2013 CloseTarget:Param -

I disabled almost all the attributes of the destination pass, except the mskey, NoteID, LastName and RegServer, same error message.

On this job, Runtime engine parameters:

Runtime Engine = Windows

Script Language = VBScript

Do you see another origin for this problem ?

Thanks

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jeremy,

When I get issues like this, I sometimes take the script and put it into a text file, hard code the parameters and try to run it outside of IDM. This might give you some ideas as to what's causing the problem.

Odds are it's some kind of security issue.

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matt,

Thanks for your answer.

I didn't modify the standard script, the standard should work, or no?

Do you think it could be a conflict version between IDM 7.1 SP5 and the client Lotus Notes 8.5.1 ?

Our configuration :

- Windows 2003 R2

- Was Java 7.11

- IDM 7.1 SP5

Jeremy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jeremy,

have you restarted your server after importing the framework?

I had the same problem, but after restart the initial load works.

Kind regards,

Achim

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jeremy,

It's mostly a good troubleshooting step. Not sure about compatibility. Check the readme file. I believe there's a Notes reference there.

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

@ Achim,

Yes i restarted the server several times but keep facing the same error message.

@ Matt,

Which readme file are you talking about?

I red the lotus framework configuration guide 10 times at least and i followed it step by step.

Thanks and regards

Jeremy

Edited by: Jérémy BAARS on Mar 9, 2011 2:10 PM

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jeremy,

The SAP IDM Readme.

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I'm finally able to launch VB scripts to try to connect IDM to the Notes Client.

I said TRY because the initial Load for notes is still not working.

I'm facing another error message :

Open DB Names.nsf failed : error : the prompt for password was aborted by user.

Function OpenListNotes3 : Open DB Names.nsf failed : error : the prompt for password was aborted by user.

So I tried to enable/disabled the option in the Lotus client under "File/Security/User Security/(Enter password). Tab "Security Basics". Option:Don't prompt for a password from other Notes-based programs (reduced security) without success. Of course i restarted my server each time i made changes.

I also checked several times my constants in IDM. The Id_file/user/password are correct.

My connection parameters are also correct between Lotus Client and Domino server.

Any suggestion or idea?

It looks like IDM doesn't try to fill the password and just abort it...

Thanks en regards.

Jeremy

Former Member
0 Kudos

The MxExtPwd.dll need to be configured in the notes.ini on your client (IdM) machine.

This file act as a password hook and with out it you will get the autentication errors described.

Please see the Lotus Notes configration guide about how to do this and other things you need

to setup in order to get this working.

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-30429

On the installation set it is found :

CDRoot\DesigntimeComponents\Setup\usr\sap\IdM\Identity Center

And should reside in the default installation directory:  C:\usr\sap\IdM\Identity Center

after installing designtime component.

Kind regards,

Ivar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I opened again this thread because we still have an error script when running the initial load of Lotus notes.

We already copy the dll files (as recommended in: ) despite we still have the errors :

Script error: File not found: u2018CreateObjectu2019:Function - OpenListNotes3:Param u2013

Script error: Object Required: u2018NotesDBu2019:Function u2013 CloseListNotes:Param -

It looks like there is a VB class problem. Any suggestions could be helpful.

Thanks,

Regards

SAP Netweaver IDM 7.1 SP5

Lotus Notes Client 8.5.1

Windows Server 2003 R2