Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP IDES replacement is SAP Appliance?

Khan
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I need to know is the SAP Appliance a replacement for the SAP IDES. As the last version of IDES is 1610.

Another question: what is the latest version of SAP Appliance available

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor

Do you mean the SAP Cloud Appliance Library at cal.sap.com - if you go there and search for IDES, there are instances available on the SAP CAL

tsvetinka_gaydazhieva
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Dear Customer,

In case that you are using https://cal.sap.com/ , then the latest IDES Solution available here is IDES EHP8 FOR SAP ERP 6.0 on SAP ASE, June 2021 .

Do you mean under "Appliance" some of the SAP S/4HANA ..., Fully-Activated Appliance Solutions?

Best regards,

Tsvetinka

Khan
Participant
0 Kudos

Yes: I meant Fully-Activated Appliance Solutions, does it allow the latest version SAP-internal demo systems

I have SAP S/4 HANA license, do I need any additional license for the on-premises version of the Fully-Activated Appliance Solution

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

JoergWolf
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hi Arfeen,

if you are looking for an "S/4HANA IDES-like system" (ie. a preconfigured sandbox for non-productive use) the S/4HANA Fully-Activated is the best choice. The latest release is 2021 SP00. Overview and detailed links are here.

Licenses:

For the first 30 days, you just have to provide a hyperscaler account and you can start using CAL (see here for a step-by-step video if you're new to CAL).

After 30 days, an S/4HANA Enterprise Mgmt. license (and a HANA Runtime license) is sufficient but you will also need to acquire the CAL subscription to keep the trial instance running, see here).

Also please note that the appliance contains advanced features that may require additional licenses on top of the S/4 Enterprise Management license if you decide to implement such features in your production environment (it's like test-driving a car - not all features that you have in the test drive will be available in the car you actually purchase later).

Best, Joerg

Amaury_Van-Espen
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello joerg.wolf

Thank you for this detailled answer and instruction.

Could you tell us if there is a shared instance provided by SAP as a sandbox ? I mean, the page 4 of this document tells there is a deployment option out of Azure, GCP and AWS. Could you tell where is a step by step guide to perform operation ?

I would like to host it on a LXC container or a docker container or a VM.

Thank you

Amaury

JoergWolf
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Amaury,

there is a shared trial for S/4HANA Cloud but not for S/4HANA on-premise system in CAL (it's actually one of the advantages in CAL to be fully flexible on your individual system).

The document you referenced above explains how to create an instance in CAL on your own hyperscaler subscription (technically, it's based on VMs).

There's also a video playlist how to create a hyperscaler account and create an instance in CAL, see https://blogs.sap.com/2021/03/19/sap-cal-learning-videos-update/

Best, Joerg