Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP HANA Procedure

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

My name is Ankit,

I am learning SAP HANA Modeling And Implementation, I need to create Information views.

I created one procedure under the Content - package . But,

when i try to call this procedure it show error.

The calling statement is ---

call "_SYS_BIC"."STUDENT/P_BOOKS_PUBS" (1.23, ?);

and i am unable to find the , where is procedure stored ? and how get  "_sys_bic" schema ? My HANA system is not showing this schema

Please help me in where does procedure get stored ??

Ankti

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ankit,

Can you be a little more specific with the error you are getting. Please ask your admin to give you select and execute on the _SYS_BIC and _SYS_BI schema. You will be able to see the _SYS_BIC schema.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

at the procedure creation time i set Default schema to - STUDENT.

Your calling statement should contain "STUDENT" instead of _SYS_BIC as you set student as the default schema.

Also you will find the procedure under the Student Schema.

If you have more than 1000 objects (which is very common), right click on the Schema name and click Filter.

Did you create your procedure using the extension .procedure or .hdbprocedure?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anikit,

Is the procedure was created successfull and are you able to execute any other SQL command without any error?

Regards,

Megha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Megha,

Yes procedure has been created. and I am able to execute SQL command on it. but problem is in my cataloge folder i am unable to find  _SYS_BIC schema.

When i scroll- down all schema under the cataloge folder, following message come:-

object limit (1000)reached.

How to resolve this issue.

Thanks,

Ankit

former_member226419
Contributor
0 Kudos

Why procedure names are different here in your screenshot?

0 Kudos

Hi Ankit,

I am assuming that you have created your procedure in some other schema. It may be same as your user id. Please check the first line of the procedure. It will be in the similar line as shown below -

CREATE PROCEDURE "XYZ"."STUDENT.P_BOOKS_PUBS"(

Check what is there in place of XYZ, then look for your procedure in XYZ schema...I hope you are using SPS08 or above version of HANA.

For looking for specific object in schema, you can right click and use filter...

Regards,

Ashwini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjog,

Thanks for reply,

Actually I created procedures under the "STUDENT" package, they are processing table data , these table are stored in "STUDENT" schema under the catalog folder, at the procedure creation time i set Default schema to - STUDENT.

but form the sql command when i call the procedure , i am getting following error

sql call statement

CALL "_SYS_BIC"."STUDENT/P_BOOKS_PUBS" (1.23, ?);

Got error is-

of function or procedure: STUDENT/P_BOOKS_VAT: line 1 col 17 (at pos 16)

Is there any  case sensitive  ?