cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP HANA + .NET Core

Hello Everyone,

I'm developing a system with .NET Core 2.0 + SAP HANA on Linux Red Hat.

How can I connect .NET Core 2.0 on Linux to SAP HANA?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

I have the same problem, but I cannot find a statement from SAP. This would be particularly interesting with regard to the SAP cloud platform.

Currently there seems to be only one provider for the Entity Framework 6 but not for the Entity Framework Core.

raphael_almeida
Active Contributor

Hi tialfi.oliveira .

According to Microsoft documentation, HANA database is not available in the Entity Framework Core yet (You can see here), but it is available in EF 6 (You can see here and here). I believe the SAP team is working to implement this for EF Core, so we'll see news soon. 😉

Sorry for don't help you correctly.

Good luck,

Pacheco.

Hi Raphael Pacheco,

I need SAP HANA ADO.NET, for my application I don't need EF Core ( and I prefer NHibernate ) I will "just" call some procs.

I hope the SAP team finish the implementation of SAP HANA ADO.NET soon, and I hope they make via nuget

Thank you.

raphael_almeida
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't know if I was clear (and sorry for that), but ADO is already available to connect with HANA, read the tutorial what I post in my last comment.

BR,

Pacheco.

You was clear, but that tutorial is for .NET Framework (windows only) I want a version to .NET Core with support to linux.

If you don't know, .NET Core is a new version/evolution of .NET Framework, .NET Core is Open Source, cross platform and more performant than .NET Framework

raphael_almeida
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The mono project don’t have a version similar to .net core?

0 Kudos

No, but there is something called .NET Standard, if you create project in .NET Standard you can run your lib on any C# VM(CLR, Mono, CLR Core).

Does SAP Hana Connector work with Mono?

I can't use Mono in my company today.

raphael_almeida
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't know, I never tried it, but I will search in the mono documentation, good opportunity to try a new thing 😉