cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP HANA Enterprise vs SAP HANA Live difference

0 Kudos

I know that SAP HANA Live is used for real time reporting but I can't see the difference between SAP HANA Live and SAP HANA Enterprise? Isn't Enterprise optimized for real time reporting too? Is SAP HANA Live a small package of SAP HANA Enterprise containing only those tools which support real time reporting? Or these technologies are the same only the marketing name is different?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

dvankempen
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hi Eleonora,

SAP HANA Live products (Live for CRM, Live for ERP, etc., also as SAP HANA Analytics for xxx, and SAP HANA Smart Business for xxx) were released mostly between 2012 - 2014. Some already passed end-of-live (EOL), for others this ends in 2021, or as late as 2025. See the product availability matrix for availability and support information. Although the technology relies on the now deprecated SAP HANA XS "classic" model architecture, most live products are supported on SAP HANA 2.0.

From the SAP HANA FAQ support KBA 2000003 - FAQ: SAP HANA

SAP HANA Live allows real-time operational reporting. See http://www.saphana.com/docs/DOC-2923 and SAP Note 1778607 and 2552909 for further details.

SAP HANA enterprise edition is a licensed version of the SAP HANA platform. There is also the "standard" edition, the "runtime" edition, the "express" edition for developers, and the "cloud" edition, usually referenced as the "SAP HANA Service". See the Feature Scope Description on the Help Portal. Except for the HANA Services, technically they all contain the same "SAP HANA platform edition" software that you can download from SAP Downloads. Commercially "what's in the box" for a particular edition differs over time and for this you would need to contact sales.

In other words, you install SAP HANA Live products (there are 30+) on SAP HANA enterprise (or any other edition). But maybe you meant to ask something else?

Thank you! This is what I meant.

Answers (0)