Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP FIORI EMBEDDED - upgrade only Fiori to 2021, keeping S/4 in 2020 version

marcosalves
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi all.

We are running at S/4 HANA 2020, with Fiori embedded landscape, that is also at 2020 release.

In this scenario, it´s possible to upgrade only Fiori to 2021 version?

At maintenace planner I could not simulate this scenario.

Thank you all!

Marcos Alves - SAP Basis

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

saurabh_vakil
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you compare the Backend components (Software Component Version) for a Fiori app available for both S/4HANA 2020 and S/4HANA 2021 (for example Manage Purchase Orders (Version 2)), you can see that the S/4H 2020 version is S4CORE 105, whereas for S/4H 2021 the version mentioned is S4CORE 106. It is not possible to have both the S4CORE 105 and S4CORE 106 at the same time on one backend system; and since you are using embedded Fiori, it is not possible to upgrade only the UI component to 2021, leaving the corresponding backend component on S4H 2020 version as this would break their compatibility.

marcosalves
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello Saurabh, thank you for your response.

SAP presented to my functional team the future features that will come in with Fiori 2022. In this presentation they was using Fiori Embedded 2022 with S/4 2020.

Unfortunately I didnt participate in the presentation. Now I´m researching about this landscape, but it´s obscure.

gregorw
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Then I would suggest to reach out to the SAP presenters and ask them if such a combination is possible. I think it is not.