Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Fiori custom UI5 app for SAP Identity Management

former_member256680
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Our requirement is to develop user-friendly custom UI5 apps for Access Request Management.

We have integrated SAP Fiori & SAP IDM system as per the below blog

https://blogs.sap.com/2021/01/26/sap-fiori-2.0-integration-with-sap-netweaver-identity-management-8....

Custom UI5 apps are developed now.

Below are steps followed to call IDM Rest API:

1.Create Odata Project with single entity having two fields: Request/Response

1. 2.Redefine Get Entityset method of above entity

Major Issue:

REST API call is successful by passing Username/Password in method but system should consider SSO for REST call. There is no method to pass SSO in request. Or any way to pass Userid in API in that case above approach can be used ?

thbuett
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Imran,

the blog you posted deployes UI5 Apps on a gateway, but the ODATA Calls are going directly to the IDM RESTAPI.

What I see in your description, you develop an own ODATA-Endpoint, which should call the RESTAPI to get the data and repack it. Is this correct?

former_member256680
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

Yes your understanding is correct:

- From UI we were not able to make REST API Call for IDM

- So Approch we are following is:

- Create UI app from Odata from Gateway and call REST API from Odata rather UI5.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

todor_petrov
Contributor

Hi Imran,

before investing time in custom UI5 apps, there are quite a lot of frameworks, which transform your complete Web Dynpro interface to UI5 and those cover like 95% of the cases, so they might be worth checking out.

BR,

Todor

thbuett
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Todor,

can you post some links, cause I know only one Transformer, but this is not free and has to be bought. And I understand your post, that there a some for free or open source available.

Thanks,

Thomas

todor_petrov
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

no, i didn't mean free add-ons, but definitely in most cases, their price is much lower than what would it cost to build custom UI5 apps for SAP IdM.

(removal)

BR,

Todor

AlexGourdet
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi todor_petrov,

Please note that the inclusion of a personal or external web address publicly violates our rules of engagement (https://community.sap.com/resources/rules-of-engagement). I've edited the comment to remove it.

If you'd like to get in touch with thbuett, you should follow each other's profiles. Once you do that, you'll be able to message one another privately. At that point, you're free to share or discuss your your information.

Regards

- Alex

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

for the service, you don't have to create anything at abap side,

you just have to setup the web dispatcher correctly, it will route the rest service call to java server.

sso has to be setup between abap server and the idm java server.