cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Financial Planning

russellg
Explorer

Folks

I am interested to find out peoples thoughts on Finance planning in SAC ( very happy with reporting / visuals)

We have been working with SAC (web templates) for planning but the users historical requirements have been met through a variety of Excel based add in planning tools which was familiar and intuitive

So far we have not had great feedback about the user experience for planning in terms of the ease o f use and the complex layout of the SAC interface.

We have tried the O365 add in for excel but has little / limited capability so is not of any use

Question

Did you push on with SAC and its been adopted by Finance?

Did you revert back to BPC classic or embedded with excel front end?

Did you end up adopting direct planning into S4 via Fiori / AFO ?

Did you end up going with another solution from a different vendor?

Appreciate your insights

We have S4Hana / BW4Hana and also SAC

Thanks

Russell

0 Kudos

Hi Russell. I'm glad to hear that you're happy with the reporting and visuals in SAC. We have recently gone through the same process of transitioning to SAC for finance planning. We found that the user experience was initially difficult to navigate and the layout was complex, but after some training and practice, our users have become more comfortable with the software.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

My customer spend some time with SAC, but decided to continue using BPC standard and Excel input forms/reports. Reason - flexibility of Excel interface.

russellg
Explorer
0 Kudos

Vadim

I appreciate your response as I have read numerous article you have written and questions you have answered about BPC/EPM

I am not sure if you have seen the following SAP article that came out yesterday on enhancing SAC O365 excel - seems to be trying to replicate some of the EPM add in functionality

sap-analytics-cloud-planning-with-microsoft-excel/

I suspect we will end up looking at direct S4 planning or BPC standard and BPC embedded to provide the users with the experience they require in the time frame we have. Both EPM and AFO are very user friendly and familiar to our finance population

Best regards

Russell

russellg
Explorer
0 Kudos

Vlad

In your expert opinion, if we are unable to implement SAP BPC10.1 on our BW4 Hana solution which of the other SAP On Prem solutions provides as close an solution in terms of end user experience and and ease of system maintenance??

I am not sure if the latest BPC11.1 is really just a glorified BW-IP solution that requires significant BW tech skills or if you can still get the BPC classic solution

We are muddling around with direct S4 Hana planning but it is just not the same and very very frustrating after working with BPC10.1 NW

Appreciate your insight

Regards

Russell

hartmut_koerner
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Russel,

I would recommend to start with the "Integrated Financial Planning for SAP S/4HANA" business content that is shipped with SAC. Please check https://launchpad.support.sap.com/#/notes/2977560

Best regards
Hartmut

russellg
Explorer

Thanks Hartmut for your response

I suspect that this solution would still require the users to interact with the SAC/ web page environment ?

I am trying to gauge the real experience of Finance user groups in businesses (not SAP developers/ sales people) who have lived and breathed excel and are trying to get to grips with SAC web tool.

I know SAP want people to go to SAC but I am not sure it is what Finance users want. I am not convinced Finance will ever give up excel.

Best Regards

Russell