We are in a requirement to implement the SAP Document Management System for our customer.
I am completely new to this scenario.
Basically I am very confused.
And I would really request your help on this.
1. How can I go for implementation of basic level DMS?
2. I guess I am lacking the basic concept of DMS, I tried on net but there is so much to read on SDN and Google, it has only left me confused.
3. What all components I need to install for that
So far from reading the SDN I have found out following things.
for DMS we need to install the SAP KW server, Install the content server. am I correct?
Also the Latest KW server installation expects Java Engine to be deployed correctly and UME configured.
is it not possible w/o Jva engine?
On top of that I have Oracle DB for my SAP ERP and CRM systems so do I have to keep the same DB for KW server as well?
I have got all the inst guides for the content server KW server and all.. but still confused on where to start.
The main components for SAP DMS implementation will be :
- the content server
- the ERP or CRM system which is to be linked to the content server
- document management interface component usually installed on the ERP/CRM system
Before implementation, sizing the content server is extremely important as the number of documents should be handled effectively.
Follow the link for Sizing the Content server:
For installation and configuration of content server:
Also the guide is available on SMP : http://service.sap.com/instguides
Further configuration for DMS interface would be required. Documentation is available on the SMP.
I do not think Java system is mandatory for standard scenarios. Also the Content server sits on MaxDB only, not any other database.