cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Design Studio SDK and REST Calls

Former Member
0 Kudos

I want to create a custom component using SAP Design Studio SDK. This component should ask for username and password for user and should be responsible for user authentication. This component should be triggered when another Design Studio application is triggered. After the user valoidation is done, I want to make REST calls to CMS enterprise folders to search for the documents corresponding to the logged in user. The OpenDocument URL's for those reports can then be displayed to the HTML template of design studio application.

My queries are,

1. Can I get some inputs on how to do user validation in design studio custom application ?

2. How to do Rest calls from that component so that reports for the logged in user can be retrieved ?

3. How to get back the Open Document URL's on to the HTML template of main design studio application.

Please help me out.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ALL

I read, apps like Lumira, Liveoffice utilize the RESTful service?  What other apps utilize it?  Design Studio, WEBI etc?  Is dswsbobje connection incorporating it or is that separate?

Thanks

Kiran.GVL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any updates regarding this rest topic?

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I haven't done much with Design Studio, but if it allows you to send HTTP Get requests and consume HTTP Post requests, you can use REST.

For more information about how to use REST, see the RESTful Web Services help docs, which you can find here:  SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence platform 4.1 – SAP Help Portal Page.  Also, there are some samples for how to code for the RESTful Web Services that you can find in the RESTful Web Services space on SCN here:  http://scn.sap.com/community/restful-sdk.

-Dell

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for the reply. I would greatly appreciate if you could provide some inputs on the below queries,

1. I want to access the data from SAP BW table in my design studio application. This table has usernames with report names to which they have access. What would be the most appropriate way to do that.

2. I want to fetch the username from SAP Net weaver Logon dialog box and wants to use that username to query to SAP BW table and get the report url's to which this user has access. These urls will then be displayed in design studio custom application. I can say this will be a personalized start up page which has the links for the reports that user has access to.

reiner_hille-doering
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You would need to use the JSONP concept, as a normal AJAX call from an SDK component to the ABAP server would be propably considered as vialotion of the "same origin policy".

This also requires that you implement a HTTP handler in ABAP.

I know that companies did this stuff successfully, but it requires some experience in both, JS and ABAP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the valuable information. I would greatly appreciate if you provide some tutorials for implementing this and elaborate more on the steps needed to implement my requirement.