cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sap data intelligence instance aws charges

0 Kudos

whenever i am activating aws instance i am activating it for 1 hour then it will automatically get suspended..

i would like to know that when its suspended at that time still it will be charged from AWS? i can see in AWS EC2 volume are still active when instance is suspended and same AWS EKS service still active when instance is suspended so can i remove this EC2 volumne and ECK service from AWS consol when Data Intelligence instance in in suspended mode to save the billing during suspended period ? If yes are those EC2 volumen and EKD service automatically get created when i activate session data intelligence session again from cal.sap.com > instances or no ?

regards, dushyant +971-524982943

View Entire Topic
0 Kudos

Hello,

When your CAL instance based on Data Intelligence is suspended. It means that the EKS node pool will have size 0. Effectively your account is not charged for Virtual machines.

But you will still be charged from the provider for:

• The EKS control plane which has a flat price rate
  • The volumes that are used for K8s persistence volumes
  • The elastic loadbalancers that are used for exposing K8S services (one load balancer by default, more if you have exposed more Kubernetes services)
  • The container registry (ECR) that the Data Intelligence requires in order to operate.

If any of these are destroyed, then you would compromise your landscape and make it unusable.

I hope this clarifies your question.

Best Regards,

Tsanko

0 Kudos

Thanks Tsanko,

1. AWS Call operator called me and suggested that, When my Data Intelligence Instance is in suspended mode at that time AWS EC2 running instance is zero only (As shown in screen shot in previous reply) but still EC2 volume are still active (7 EC2 volume entries as shown in previous reply screen shot) so AWS operator suggested to delete that EC2 volume 7 entries to stop being charged when instance is in suspended mode.

2. Similarly AWS operator suggested to delete that EKS service on AWS (1 EKS entry as shown in previous reply screen shot) to stop being charged for this service when instance is in suspended mode.

So my question is should we delete this EC2 volume entries and EKS entry when cal.sap.com instance is in suspend mode to stop being charged ? and by doing this will there be any impact when we activate instance again next time form cal.sap.com (will those EC2 volume entries and EKS service automatically get created again when we activated instance from cal.sap.com next time) ?

Regards, Dushyant