cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Cyrstal Reports 2020 64 bit and Oracle 19c Database Connection

TuncerSUSAM_MEB
Explorer

I am using SAP Cyrstal Reports 2020 64 bit edition. I am using Oracle Server connection for Oracle 19c. When I want to connect to Oracle 19c, it is waiting approximately 8 minutes. After then it is connected. When I want to add a new table with this connection, it is waiting approximately 8 minutes again. Do you know a solution for it? When I want to connect to Microsoft SQL Server with OLE DB (ADO) connection, it connects quickly. There is no waiting problem. If you have a soluiton for it, I would be very greatfull.

View Entire Topic
DellSC
Active Contributor

Which Oracle driver are you using - the ODBC driver from Oracle, Oracle Native, or the MS ODBC driver?

I HIGHLY recommend using a native Oracle connection over any other type of connection you might have available.  It is much more stable and reliable than the others and you'll have access to Oracle-specific functionality that you don't necessarily get with drivers that aren't from Oracle.  Also, make sure that the Oracle Client that you've installed is the most updated version that works with Oracle 19.

-Dell

TuncerSUSAM_MEB
Explorer
0 Kudos
I am using Oracle Native driver as Oracle.DataAccess.dll with version number 4.122.19.1
DellSC
Active Contributor

That is the Oracle.NET driver, not the standard Oracle client. You need to have the full version of the Oracle Client installed with a tnsnames.ora file configured in order to fully use the native Oracle connection type in Crystal.

The Oracle.NET driver requires loading the full .NET framework and then working through that.  The regular Oracle Client doesn't have the overhead of loading .NET and is much faster.

-Dell

TuncerSUSAM_MEB
Explorer
0 Kudos
I installed Oracle Client on my machine. There is ODE.NET and ODP.NET folders. Is standart Oracle client DLL is in there? Under ODP.NET folder, there is Oracle.DataAccess.dll file with version number 4.122.19.1
TuncerSUSAM_MEB
Explorer
0 Kudos
When I use CR Oracle Wire Protocol Driver with System DSN (file name crora28.dll & version 8.0.2) or CR Oracle ODBC Driver 7.1.6, connection is fast but I can see only tables, not views.