cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Conversational AI is for SunSet

carlostorres
Discoverer

I just received some troubling news.

In a recent conversation, they informed me that SAP Conversational AI is for SunSet. Please confirm whether this is true. When will the program end? Any substitutes available?

Thank you so much

thalesvb
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Carlos, when you have some answers from SAP can you put it also here? This information is something new to me, and with an on-going project so I also have to know if is safe to advance with CAI or change to a different provider.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

p0522patterson
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please review the SAP Conversational AI sunset information on the Help Portal.

For more information, please contact your SAP account manager or reference account team.

frankkertscher
Explorer
0 Kudos

The sunset is now official- this was in my inbox this morning

Dear Valued Partner,

We value you as an active subscriber of the below partner license:

• SAP Conversational AI (8006013)

As SAP advances its strategy to embed AI into SAP business applications, SAP Conversational AI will be set to maintenance mode, and will eventually be discontinued. SAP will invest these resources in developing a new SAP digital assistant embedded within its applications. Your existing SAP Conversational AI contract will be honoured and supported until its expiration. We encourage you and your organization to explore alternative non-SAP solutions to support your future chatbot strategy.

look here for alternatives which can be used within SAP systems

https://www.ibm.com/products/watson-assistant

carlostorres
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Thanks again, I hope we can get to the bottom of this soon.

carlostorres
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Piotr,

Thanks for your help.

So, can I now sell SAP CAI to a new customer? Or must I await the arrival of the new SAP ChatBot Assistant?

0 Kudos

I do not really know. Ask please somebody from SAP but I'm not sure if they know something more about this 🙂

0 Kudos

I've heard the same from SAP PL people with no concrete information about substitute. Just info that a new SAP chatbot/assistant will be based on IBM Watson technology - but this is not confirmed officially. Existing contracts will be maintained till the end but with no renewal possibility.