cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Control Center for ASE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i am not able to fine the installer of SAP Control Center for ASE 15.7 from SAP Market Place.

could anyone please share the path to download the SAP Control Center for ASE.

Thanks

Sunil

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

SCC installation package is located in the database sections for those databases, they could be managed by SCC. For the ASE this is like this, for example:

former_member182259
Contributor
0 Kudos

SCC is not intended to be used for SAP applications.   It looks as if you have an SAP application runtime license for ASE - which includes DBACockpit.   From my experience with BOTH tools, DBACockpit is far the best solution for managing SAP applications running on ASE as it focuses on the specific areas of interest for SAP applications.

Sooooo...if you don't mind my asking, why are you trying to use SCC?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jeff,

I have ECC installation with ASE 15.7 (which is included Sybase Centeral) to manage ASE through GUI and installed at '/sybase/DEV/shared/sybcentral600'.

while i have installed NW 7.4 15.7.0.121. the sybcentral was missing. Apart from using dbacockpit i was just willing to explore if any replacement is available for sybcentral.

Thanks for your valuable inputs.

Sunil

former_member182259
Contributor
0 Kudos

Sunil -

Actually, Sybase Central should *NOT* be used to manage SAP applications such as ECC installations.  Firstly, it is now deprecated and not even shipped with the core product anymore.  Secondly, trust me when I say DBACockpit is much better than Sybase Central.

While SCC does replace it for custom applications, DBACockpit *should* be used with SAP applications.   Because you are using a ECC supplied ASE installation, it only extracts and installs the components that ECC needs for a runtime environment.   As a result, SCC isn't going to be installed either.

Again, having experience both, DBACockpit is the way to go for SAP applications.  First of all, it is tuned for a SAP implementation - hence all the ATM jobs, etc - are already established.  It also displays the historical monitoring data (past 14 days by default - which you can change) - which SCC can NOT do.  Lastly, in my mind, it does a good job of focusing DBA's at the tasks they need to do for ASE when being used with SAP applications vs. a generic tool such as SCC (ATM jobs are one area, monitoring another) - as a result, managing ASE with DBACockpit is easier as a lot of the normal setup stuff that SCC would require has already been done.

Just make sure to be using a recent version of DBACockpit.

valeriocicchiel
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Jeff,

unfortunately DBACOCKPIT is not available for Java-only SAP system, like Portal, and there are situation (es. during SAP upgrade) when ABAP backend is not available, and you need a tool to work with the database faster then with the ISQL command line. So, there are no plan for the future to give ASE a native graphical tool for administration tasks?

Best Regards,

Valerio

Former Member
0 Kudos

With DBA cockpit of a ABAP system, you can monitor other Databases as well. i.e. from out of a SolMan installation, you can use the DBACockpit to monitor various databases. Create a saptools database for the system to be monitored and create a connection to it. ADM540 discusses this topic.

Best Regards

Hans

former_member182259
Contributor
0 Kudos

I agree - this is the best solution.   In some cases when customers only upgrade the NW BASIS just slightly to get the minimum level to migrate to ASE, we have suggested installing a much more current NW instance elsewhere to get the latest DBACockpit for the same reason.   Thought about it quite a bit over the past days, and there simply would be too much setup to get SCC to do the same functionality as already in DBACockpit for SAP - e.g. the saptools monitoring, the ATM jobs for update stats/reorgs, backups, etc.

ryan_hansen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

Service marketplace
https://websmp206.sap-ag.de/~SAPIDP/002006825000000234912001E

select 'SAP Support Portal' (middle of the screen)
select 'Software Downloads' (top grey tab)

For the first release installations-

select 'Installation and Upgrades' within A-Z Index (middle of the screen)

Select 'A'

Select 'Sybase ASE xxx'

Select 'Installation'

For the patches and up-to-date downloads-
select 'Support Packages and Patches' within A-Z Index (middle of the screen)
Select 'A'
Select 'Sybase ASE xxx'
Select 'ASE Sybase Control Center xxx'

Regards,

Ryan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ryan,

thanks for the reply.

but i am not able to find Sybase ASE' while selecting 'A'. Please find attached screen shot.

kindly advise.

Thanks

Sunil

ryan_hansen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

Based on this picture you don't have SAP ASE available for you to download at all.

Where did you get the ASE installation?

Maybe you do not have permission and need to talk to Customer Service to open up the download

or

You need the person who downloaded the ASE to download Control Center as well.

Regards,
Ryan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ryan,

i do not know why SCC is not avaliable on my download. although we have lisense for ASE and we are running with ASE 15.7 as well.

thanks

SUnil

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

If you are on Sybase ASE 15.7 SP101 , refer below SAP note to get SCC.

1991153 - Sybase Central Unavailable on ASE 15.7 SP101 how to add it back

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

i already went through this note but not able to trace add on for linux/HP UX.

please suggest.

Thanks..

Sunil