cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Cloud Platform Trial - There are no free resources available

larry_chaput
Participant

Good day,

I'm trying to follow the OpenSAP course on SAP Analytics Cloud which guides me to create a new SAP HANA tenant database - this is essentially my first step after creating the trial account. Unfortunately, I receive the following error.

Cannot create SAP HANA tenant database 'demo'. There are no free resources available in the landscape. Try again after some time.

Do I just have to wait to continue this course? If so, how long should I expect to wait?

This doesn't show very well for SAP. They're trying to show you their products with the intent to sell yet even the trial is showing signs of problems.

gregorw
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I would suggest you ask this question directly in the OpenSAP course.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Szabolcs_Renyo
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Today I tried it again and now it is working for me. Could you double check it?

Best regards,
Szabolcs

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Szabolcs_Renyo
Advisor
Advisor

Hi Larry & amol.patil10,

I could reproduce the issue and I had the same error. I'm going to get in touch with some of my Colleagues and provide you the results.

Best regards,

Szabolcs

Hi Szabolcs,

I too get similar error even with "Databases & Schemas" in HANA MDC trial database. Do you know if there is any temporary issue with Neo Trial while requesting new database / schema? Any ETA when it will be resolved?

Regards,

Amol

larry_chaput
Participant
0 Kudos

It's working for me, thanks

0 Kudos

Thanks Szabolcs, it is working fine now.

Szabolcs_Renyo
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Larry,

Where exactly are you trying to create database?

Under the "Database Systems" I have the same error since database can be created only if you have db quota.

If you are going to "Databases & Schemas" you can create HANA MDC trial database.

I hope this will help.

Best regards,
Szabolcs

larry_chaput
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Szabolcs,

Thanks for your reply.

1. I'm trying to create the Database in Europe (Rot) - Trial.

2. I haven't been instructed to click in "Database Systems" but I just tried now to see what I can see. After clicking "+New Database System" I receive a popup with a message "No available quotas for new database system provisioning". Again, this is not what I've been instructed to do.

3. What I have been trying to do (and what I had made the original post for) is when I go to "Databases & Schemas" and try to create a "New Database/Schema". From that popup, I type a Database ID: - called it "demo". The Database System: is of type "HANA MDC (<trial>)" - this is defaulted and non-changable. I then supply my SYSTEM User Password: and Confirm Password:. Once I click Create, I receive the error.

Cannot create SAP HANA tenant database 'demo'. There are no free resources available in the landscape. Try again after some time.

Thanks,

Larry

0 Kudos

HI Szabolce Renyo

I have the same error when I want to create a new database Under the "Database Systems",It shown "No available quotas for new database",but haw can I have the DB quota.

If you know something about this question,Please help me.

Best regards

Luminita

Szabolcs_Renyo
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Luminita,

You can configure your quota settings as described in the document:
https://help.sap.com/viewer/65de2977205c403bbc107264b8eccf4b/Cloud/en-US/5ba357b4fa1e4de4b9fcc4ae771...

If you tries to add a new service plan and you cannot see the service/quota related to your db you have to contact your local sales person and purchase it.

Best regards,

Szabolcs