cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Cloud connector error: 500 Failed to sign the Cloud Connector certificate for subaccount

venkata_ramisetti
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

I am trying to connect on-premise SAP systems to Web IDE. I have downloaded the latest SAP Cloud connector and SAP JVM 1.8 and installed it. Now registering my subacount and HTTPS Proxy. When I save this information, i am getting the below error.

Could you please help me how to resolve this issue? I am also attaching log file.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MortenWittrock
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Venkata

This is most likely a connectivity issue, which is also what SAP Note 2460641 suggests. Make sure that your proxy information is correct (and verify that you actually do need the proxy). Also, your Cloud Connector host (and the proxy, if in use) must be able to reach certain IPs on SAP Cloud Platform. This is documented in SAP Note 2377425.

Regards,

Morten

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

matthias_b2
Participant
0 Kudos

I encounter the same issue but only with the Cloud Foundry account. The connection works fine when connecting to the Neo Trial Account.

However, when trying to connect to the Cloud Foundry subaccount (via Subaccount ID) I get the error 500. I assume the information in the SAP notes is valid for all subaccounts, therefore the error must be something else?

Is there a difference in connecting a Cloud Connector to a Neo Account vs. a Cloud Foundry account?

Thank you!

Best regards,
Matthias

matthias_b2
Participant

I could solve the issue by adding the https proxy (host and port) in the Cloud Connector. For some reason that was not necessary with the neo account.

venkata_ramisetti
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Morten,

Thank you for your quick response. These OSS notes looks relevant to me. I will follow instructions in these notes and will share the feedback.

Meanwhile I have one basic question. Where do we install the cloud connector? Is it in a central server or local laptop where we work on the development activities? My purpose of doing this installation is to access SAP development system to work on ABAP and Fiori extensions through Web IDE. We purchased the Web IDE full stack and now trying to establish connectivity between SAP Dev system and Web IDE.

Sorry if my question appear too basic. For traditional ABAPer, it is good learning curve. 😞

MortenWittrock
Active Contributor

Hi Venkata

For production purposes, you'd install Cloud Connector on its own server (it requires very little in terms of hardware), and probably set up high availability. To just experiment, it's fine to install Cloud Connector on your own laptop.

Regards,

Morten