cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Cloud ALM - KPI is inactive error in BPMon

Shubhra
Explorer
0 Kudos

Business Process Monitoring use case has been activated for two business suite systems and we are getting the details in SAP Cloud ALM.

However, when checking for any sub-step in 'Source-to-Pay' process like 'Purchase Requisition Items Created', there is an error pop-up as 'KPI KPPURCH401 is inactive. Please contact your system administrator' or 'KPI KPPURCH301 is inactive...' on any sub-step card. 

I have checked under configuration -> Manage KPIs section -> and see that KPPURCH301 or KPPURCH401 has the data collection turned on for the two business suite systems. 

Please advise.

View Entire Topic
paula_augedahl
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hello,

I would first suggest you ensure the Required SAP Notes are implemented at the latest version on the SAP Business Suite systems.   Check in sm37 for CRBPA:DC_CONTROLLER and CRBPA:AUTODISCOVERY job logs to see if there are any errors reported there or mentions of the 'inactive' KPIs.  Correct any errors, if you are able and re-check problem.

If problem remains, create a support case at SAP and provide full details of your checks and, if possible, access to your Cloud ALM tenant and R/3 connection/maintained credentials for SAP Business Suite system.

Shubhra
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Paula,

Thank you for responding.

Yes, we have all the current notes applied in the business suite systems. Also, the BPMon related jobs do not have any error in the logs. Application logs also do not have any error. 

I do not see that error occurring today. Do the KPIs get activated/deactivated automatically? Also, is there a way to see all the active & inactive KPIs for a particular system? [I don't want to drill-down on each end-to-end process and then see the KPIs for the respective sub-processes/process-steps. Instead looking for a central view showing the list system wise either on Cloud ALM side or managed system side. Configuration -> KPI Management -> does give me the list, but it doesn't help filter it system wise or export the list with details on which system the data collection for the KPI is active.]

paula_augedahl
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi, Shubhra,

The activation of KPIs is done in Cloud ALM > BPM > Configuration for the system/service.

There are two ways to check active KPIs that I'm aware of:
1) In Health Monitoring, ensure Scope includes SAP Cloud ALM and in Configuration, data collection is ON. Then, when you check the metrics for SAP Cloud ALM, you will find Business Process Monitoring > KPI Collection Status. Click this card and you'll see all the KPI Collection Status entries. This details the KPI id/name. If there is some failure in data collection, the Value records which system(s) have an issue. (Search allows you to narrow down the results.)

paula_augedahl_0-1709127489005.png

If you would like to see further detail on this metric, such as system/service as a column, you can log an idea in the Influencer Campaign:

- SAP Cloud ALM for Operations https://influence.sap.com/sap/ino/#/campaign/3525

2) On the managed system, the CRBPA:DC_CONTROLLER job log shows which KPI data collectors are started

paula_augedahl_1-1709127507698.png

I hope this is helpful to you.

Best regards,
Paula

paula_augedahl
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

DoloresCorrea
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

DoloresCorrea
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Shubhra
Explorer
Thanks Paula. The details you provided certainly helps.