Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP BW Bridge InfoObject Hierarchy Re-Use in SAP Datasphere

cjfaurie_1616
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Community

I have a question regarding creating a dimension (with a hierarchy) using entities that are imported from SAP BW Bridge.

I have shell converted the info objects from BW system into SAP BW Bridge. I then imported the entities into Datasphere. I would like to now create the dimension in Datasphere.

I followed some of the content on how to create the dimension but seem to always be missing some piece of information. I used the document below and followed some links attached to the document, but I experienced some errors and warnings.
Creating a Dimension | SAP Help Portal

My questions are:
Do I need to create a dimension (semantic usage) type for each entity (attribute, text and hierarchy entities) or do I have to create a dimension using the attribute entity with an association to the text entity. And do something similar for the hierarchy entity?

I am struggling to find content explaining this. May you please point me in the right direction in attaining documentation that explains how to stitch the info object by using these different entities in Datasphere?

Thank you:

Kind regards

Cornelius Faurie (obo Suli Sujee)

Dominik_Graus
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Just a quick hint from my side:

I guess you have also shell-converted ADSOs into BW bridge. If you run entity import for one of the ADSOs, you should get a better idea how to work with dimensions.

Dominik_Graus
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Just a quick hint from my side:

I guess you have also shell-converted ADSOs into BW bridge. If you run entity import for one of the ADSOs, you should get a better idea how to work with dimensions.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (0)