cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP BW 7.4 How to ignore warning message before execute process chain?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, experts

We have SAP BW 7.4

We have process chain with warnings messages, but I want to ignore it

I call this chain from user transaction and before execute we have this message:

So user have to choose Yes

How can I ignore or delete this message without re-designe process chain? Have process chain some properties with this action?

Thanks a lot.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would like to clarify my question: we haven't any problems with activate and execute of chain. I only want to remove message about warnings before chain starts, because it's not comfortable for users.

No schedules, users call this chain from z-user transaction

Thanks! 

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Asya,

i assumed as your facing this issue at prod system.

if your chain directly created at prod system, try to reactivate your chain and schedule it for next run.

later check it. before doing changes at prod, please remove chain from schedule.

if its transported your chain from dev then,

please test at dev system and check it.

if it same warnings pop up, then do dummy changes to your chain and activate it.

try to run at dev system and see. if no warnings then re transport your chain to prod system.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramanjaneyulu

When I check my chain in dev, I have warn. msg, yes, and I know the reason of this msg, but I don't want to re-designe my chain and need to remove alert message only

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Mean, just remove chain from schedule and reactivate it

later you can keep schedule as you need.

we don't need any redesign of  chain.

lets try use program/function module to activate chain.

RSPC_CHAIN_ACTIVATE_REMOTE.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I try fm RSPC_CHAIN_ACTIVATE_REMOTE, but still a warning message appears before execute chain..

Maybe, other ideas?

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

please try to do  at RSPC, try to activate chain directly as stated in first reply.

Former Member
0 Kudos

No problem with activate and execute! It's active, of course. I only want to remove message about warnings before chain starts, because it's not comfortable for users

former_member186445
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

don't think you can remove these warnings.

But you could create your own program based on the standard Function Module RSPC_API_CHAIN_START and modify in such a way that the warning is not shown... then from your user transaction call the Z program to execute the chain....

not sure but i think that if you put the parameter I_SYNCHRONOUS to X, the process chain is executed online and the warning message is not shown in this case....

M.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, you're right, I use the same scenario to call chain

I try to change parameter I_SYNCHRONOUS to X and it's works(!) without warnings, but in diolog mode...

Do you know, how to execute chain in background mode without warn.msg?

former_member186445
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

think there is no other choice than to copy the function module and adapt the code in order to set the warning to Yes as a default...

M.