cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP BUSINESS WORKFLOW: Variable in WorkItem-Text is empty

0 Kudos

Dear all,

I have to add a variable text content in workitem-text of a standard task. I created an element (ABC) in container as import with the corresponding datatype. I did the necessary &ABC& reference entry in the workitem-text field. Then I mapped in the dataflow of the workflow pattern, where the task is used, the corresponding bo attribute to this container variable. Afterwards the pattern was stored and activated. Nevertheless the value is missing if a specific workflow with the related bo instance is instantiated. The database field does have a value, but it is not shown in the workitem-text. What do I miss? I need to admit that I am pretty new to sap workflow.

Any ideas are welcome.

Thanks and best regards

Wolfgang

View Entire Topic
pokrakam
Active Contributor

Look at the technical log, go to the step in question and look at the container - does the element ABC have a value?

If not, it means at the time the work item was created, this BO attribute was empty. Please check the BO in the log.

0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

thanks for getting back on this. I tested the BO. For the a given key value the instance is returned and the attribute value is filled with the value from the database, Shouldn't it show up in the workflow item text then as well?

pokrakam
Active Contributor

That's why I wrote "at the time the work item was created": it means the value was not available then but is now. The most likely scenario is that an update was performed just prior to this step.

If so, and a simple COMMIT WORK is used, the DB update is probably still in progress when the next item is generated and the update is not visible to the next step. Replace this with a COMMIT WORK AND WAIT and all your values should be available.

0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

thanks a lot for taking a look. For whatever reason the thing got to work after a couple of additional activations of the elements of the model like bo and workflow pattern. SO it works now.

Thanks for you support.

Wolfgang