cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Business Objects Edge 3.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I was downloaded the SAP Business objects Edge 3.0 Trial version from SAP. I am using SAP 4.7 with oracle 9.2 DB... I want to integrate Edge 3.0 with our SAP for reporting purpose.. Please explain how can i configure this and what are the other softwares are required for this. I go throw the guides but i am not getting clear idea.

Now i just installed the business objects enterprise in one system web console are login correctly.

But i don't know how to connect my SAP DB with this.

Please help me.

Regards

Mahendran

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi,

I assume your have an SAP ERP system here. In your case you need the following software

1) BO Edge Server 3.0

2) Crystal Reports Designer 2008 V0

3) BO Integration Kit for SAP Solutions XI 3.0

Please install the software in the order shown above.

Take a look at the following guides:

Install Part #1

[https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/11076] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];

Install Part #2

[https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/11077] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];

Install Part #3

[https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/11078] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];

Install Part #4

[https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/11079] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];

You can aolso find interesting information here:

[https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/12115] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];

Regards,

Stratos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.,

But i am not having BW system. so may ineed that others softwares or any other ways to connect my SAP DB directly from Edge server.

Mahendran

Edited by: Mahendran M on Mar 25, 2009 1:03 PM

0 Kudos

Hi,

you still need the mentioned software packages even if you do not have an SAP BI system. You can also configure your SAP R/3 system to do the BO authentication. The main difference is that you have to use crystal reports in order to access the data in your SAP system. You cannot report using Web Intelligence (universes) on an SAP R/3 data source.

So you have to do the following:

1) Install the SAP BusinessObjects Edge 3.0 software on host A

2) Install the Crystal Reports Designer 2008 V0 on host B (HostA and hostB can also be the same computer)

3) Install the Java Connector 2.1.8 on host A ([http://service.sap.com\connectors]). You will find more information on this in the installation guide of the integration Kit for SAP solutions.

3) Install the BOBJ integration Kit for SAP solutions XI 3.0 on host A (Choose the server option in the installation). Please follow the instructions in the installation guide on how to do this.

4) If hostA and hostB are two different machines then please install also the BOBJ integration Kit for SAP solutions XI 3.0 on host B (Choose the desktop option in the installation)

5) Import the transports delivered in the integration KIT for SAP solutions in your SAP R/3 system (Check the installation guide for more information on these steps)

6) Configure the SAP authentication in your BOBJ Edge system (necessary if you want to logon with your SAP credentials in BOBJ)

This way you should be able to create reports based on your SAP R/3 data.

Regards,

Stratos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi..,

As per ur advice i installed and configured my BOBJ until SAP authentication. I gave my SAP credential username, password, client but i am getting error when logging and Role import wizard. Please advice what i miss also i am not done your fifth step that Transport into SAP system pls give me the notes for this.

My error like below.

An error has occured:

com/sap/mw/jco/jco$FUNCTION.

Also not able login in cmc console from SAP also,

Thanks in advance.

Mahendran

0 Kudos

Hi,

you have to import the transports that come with the integration Kit in your SAP system before you can import any roles.

Did you install the SAP Java connector also?

Regards,

Stratos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi..,

I am using SAP R/3 4.7.. My Basis told ours is not unicode.. so can i import ANSI transports into my SAP system. If i transports the above into my SAP system its make any issues in my existing setup please conform.

I did java connector installation also. (as per the notes just i copied that two files).

Thanks,

Mahendran

Edited by: Mahendran M on Mar 27, 2009 2:52 PM

IngoH
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Mahendran,

the transports come for different systems. Check the file called Transports.txt on the media for the SAP Kit or check the appendix in the Installation Guide of the SAP Integration kit. The transports are delivering only new objects so your existing system should not be impacted.

ingo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi..Ingo,

In transports folder contains only one text file but its also detail about that transports file names.

but one folder named with cofiles extension ".R22".. Are these files to import in my SAP server?

Mahendran

IngoH
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

you have files in the folder cofiles and files in the folder data.

if you are not sure on this please get in touch with the Basis Admin for the SAP system

Ingo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.,,

As per your steps i done my server installation.. also i did SAP transports.

Please advice how to publish my SAP reports on BOBJ server using crystal report from our developer system. I am not having BW server.

I installed the below softwares in my developer system,

1) Crystal reports 2008

2) SAP integration kit(Desktop installation)

Please advice or give any notes for how to connect my sap system from crystal report and how to publish reports on BOBJ server.

I refered some notes but all are related with BW only.

Mahendran

0 Kudos

Hi,

just start Crystal Reports and open "File->New->Standard Report". Choose to create a new connection and select either the SAP Infoset or the SAP Tables/Cluster/Functions driver. In the next step you must select the SAP system you want to logon (make sure that the environment variable SAPLOGON_INI_FILE contains the full path including filename of your saplogon.ini file) and do the login using your SAP credentials. After that you just have to select the data structure (Infoset, table etc) you want to report on.

When you created your report then go under "File->Save as" and choose "Enterprise". You must supply the name of your BOBJ server and your credentials (If you want to use your SAP user id and password please do not forget to select "SAP" in the authentication menu) in order to store the report in the BOBJ repository.

Regards,

Stratos

IngoH
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Mahendran,

the publishing integration that you might see in the product documentation is based on NW BI / NW BW Integration. In your case with a standards ERP system you would store the reports directly to your BOE server.

ingo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi..,

Thanks for your steps.. Now my Developer is working on it will check report and get back to u.

Thanks for your timely help.

Mahendran