Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Build Apps - Can't open existing projects / Can't create new projects

RoGo
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear Community

A few weeks ago I started testing SAP Build Apps in our company's Free Tier environment.

I was trying to connect an oData service from our on-premise system (S4-2021) - Project Type Application Build Apps - Web Mobile. The documentation said to "use Destination in BTP Sub-Account".

It didn't work and later I found out that this might be caused by a missing feature (see community response: https://answers.sap.com/questions/13770686/sap-build-apps-btp-destination-not-working.html).

Since this function seems to be still missing, I wanted to test the destination (URL) created via API Management.

But now I can't open my existing SAP Build Apps projects and I can't create a new project.

When I try to open an existing project, the gear moves and a few seconds later a blank browser window appears.

In DevTools (MS Edge F12 or Chrome F12 or Firefox F12) I get the message.

Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 500 () /ui-bootstrap/:1

-------------

When I try to create a new project (Project Type Application Build Apps - Web Mobile), I get the popup "Creating new app / Loading templates and View components..." and SAP Build Apps Canvas blurs in the background, but nothing more - the screen freezes.

In DevTools (MS Edge F12 or Chrome F12 or Firefox F12) I get the message.

Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 500 () /ui-bootstrap/:1

When I close the browser tab, the project was created, but I can't work with it.

------------

Strange side effect: I made my colleagues members of the existing project and lo and behold, they can work with it!!!

------------

If anyone has any ideas on how to solve this problem, I would be happy to hear about it.

Thanks in advance

Robert

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

RoGo
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Community

Since last week my access to SAP Build Apps is working again.

Unfortunately I can't say why, because I didn't get any information.

Regards,

Robert

Venkat_Vyza
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Robert,

1. As far as I know, free tier can't be used to work collaboratively on the same project. Did you share the same project with more than one person and all of them are able to work on it?

2. I assume you created Destination in your BTP account for connecting to your on-premise oData service. When you click on check the connection button, what is the message you get? (Please share the print screen of the Destiatnion details)

Thank you,

Venkat Vyza

RoGo
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Venkat,

thanks for replying.

Point 1.

We don't work at the same time with the project.

But if I try to open the project it fails.

If another member tries to open the project (not at the same time) it works fine.

Point 2.

This is not my main problem, I only wanted to show, that I already worked with projects in SAP Build Apps, which I can't open anymore.

But anyway to answer your question: Checking the connection delivers => "Connection to "my_system" successful".

The problem appears when you try to use the destination within SAP Build Apps (which I cannot show because I cannot open any project anymore).

Therefore see https://answers.sap.com/questions/13770686/sap-build-apps-btp-destination-not-working.html and in addition https://launchpad.support.sap.com/#/notes/3300760

Regards,

Robert