cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP BI IP problem with copying data

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

SAP BI IP. I have a real time cube. On the basis of established level of aggregation. The level of aggregation contains some of the characteristic, one of which 0version, and an indicator of the amount planne which is a keyfigure. In RSPLAN i create a filter, which point out the restriction of the version A1. Then i create a planning function (type of Copy). With help of this function i need to copy data from version A1 to another version. Target version set with help of variable functions of planning. Create a planning sequence, in which the 1 st step - it's my filter, the 2 nd function with parameter a new version. The filter displays the data as needed. The variable function indicates the version of C3. When I start with a step function, I get this error now.

http://clip2net.com/clip/m83189/1332751011-clip-2kb.png

If you modify the filter and clean it according to the restriction, the copy works. Remove the restriction of the version I can not, because the user needs to view data for each version. This functionality will be implemented through query in the Query Designer.

Maybe i do something wrong? Please help me sort out my problem.

Best regards,

Andrei Lisov.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are not using 7.3 for BI-IP then Query filter and modeler filter (RSPLAN FILTER)both are different.

You are getting this error because you have not restricted filter with version variable .Planning function will allow you to write data only to values restricted in modeler filter.So if you have restricted modeler filter with A1 and trying to write to C3 it will through you an error message.To avoid this you can restrict version with variable in filter and if source is fixed A1 ,then hard code it in planning function.

Coming to your second requirement where user wants to view data for specific version ,create another variable and restrict Query filter with that variable so user will be able to view data for multiple versions.

Do not use same variable to restrict in Query as well as in modeler filter as variables are Global in IP ,which means same variable can be used at both places and whatever value will be selected by user in query variable will also reflect for modeler.

So if your requirement is clear from which version to copy and where then restrict accordingly.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Indu Sharma wrote:

If you are not using 7.3 for BI-IP then Query filter and modeler filter (RSPLAN FILTER)both are different.

I am using 7.3 for BI-IP.

Indu Sharma wrote:

You are getting this error because you have not restricted filter with version variable .Planning function will allow you to write data only to values restricted in modeler filter.So if you have restricted modeler filter with A1 and trying to write to C3 it will through you an error message.To avoid this you can restrict version with variable in filter and if source is fixed A1 ,then hard code it in planning function.

Coming to your second requirement where user wants to view data for specific version ,create another variable and restrict Query filter with that variable so user will be able to view data for multiple versions.

Do not use same variable to restrict in Query as well as in modeler filter as variables are Global in IP ,which means same variable can be used at both places and whatever value will be selected by user in query variable will also reflect for modeler.

My problem is this: the user selects the desired version of it, change the planned amount and stores the data in the new version. It turns out that the request should contain two variables: the source through which the data will be selected, and the target, which will be stored version to save? I tried to make two variables in the query (source and target), the function works and the data is copied. But when the re-run the filter, the data is selected with 2 versions. This is wrong, because user wants to see just one version. Initially, the data did not show the target version, as they are physically not in the database. What need i to do in Query Designer? If I add two variables in the query, there is no the data.

I copy the data not only from the A1 version to another. I need to copy the from the source version to the target.

Best regards.

Message was edited by: Andrei Lisov

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andrei,

I thin you may need to change the filter. In the filter the version should be specified as the version to be changed. In this case the filter value for version should not be 'A1' instead the version should be 'C3'. With this change in the filter restriction the problem will be solved.

Thanking you,

Jerry Jerome

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jerry,

This will be useful but not exactly what I needed. I need the following: the user opens the book with a query with a restriction on the version (eg A1).. Then make some changes and then copies data from A1(with changes) to C3. At the same time version A1 remains without changes. If I leave the filter in the target version, the user will not see the data for changes. I want to do 2 variables, but then there is a problem a problem which i describe in my response to Indu Sharma

Best regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andrei,

So the user wants to see the data of both the versions. In this case you can have two queries in your workbook. The first query can show the data based on the version (A1) given by the user. The second query will be based on your planning function. So it directly copies the information to the planned input ready query so that user can change the values in it.

Thanks and Regards,

Jerry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi jerry,

Thanks a lot. It's working. A made 2 queries with 2 variables and my planning function began to work without errors!!!

Best regards.

Andrei Lisov.

Answers (0)