cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sap basic java libs, JMON, JCO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Iam applying patch 27 for the portal ep6 sp2. the current patch is ep6 sp2 patch3 with j2ee pl 19.

Now first iam doing patch 4 for ep6 sp2 and then upgrading to patch 27.

My question now is for upgrading to patch 4 what version of java libs, jmon and jco i should maintain and later for patch 27 what version of basic java lib, jmon and jco i should maintain.

The patch4 document says to update basic javalibs, jmon and jco to the latest available one.

The latest available patches are

basic java lib - patch 18

jmon - patch 19

do anyone know how to do this. any documents are notes available ???

Thanks for your help in advance

regards

Moses

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Moses,

here is what to you have to do:

1. Patch the Software Delivery Manager (SDM) to the newest Patch Level (PL 14) - as described in SAP Note 532892

2. Patch the J2EE Engine to the newest available patch (PL 30) - as described in SAP Note 738921

3. Patch SAP Basic Java Libs 6.20 to Support Package 18 - as described in SAP Note 544979

Make sure IRJ service is stopped as mentioned in the thread

4. Patch JMON to Patch Level 19. Installation (path were to copy the files) is described in SAP Note 657143. Unfortunately this note is not released. If you don't have a user to see the note, here is in short what you have to do:

- unzip the archive: "sapcar -xfv JMON_19*.SAR"

- copy file jmonapi.jar to the following directories:

- ...j2ee_<Instance_Nr>adminlib

- ...j2ee_<Instance_Nr>admin ools

- ...j2ee_<Instance_Nr>clusterdispatcheradditional-lib

- ...j2ee_<Instance_Nr>clusterserveradditional-lib

- ...j2ee_<Instance_Nr>clusterstateadditional-lib

- ...j2ee_<Instance_Nr>clusterserverservicesfileworklibs

- ...j2ee_<Instance_Nr>clusterserverstatefileworklibs

- copy file jmon.dll and sapccmsr.exe to the directory:

- ...j2ee_<Instance_Nr>os_libs

5. If needed, patch SAP Java Connector to Service Release 2.0.10 - as described in SAP Note 682686 and the there mentioned installation guide.

6. Now you can go on patching the Portal first to Patch 4 and than to Patch 27 as described in the installation guides.

Hope this helps,

Robert

PS: Please consider rewarding points to people like Dominik (and me) , who are spending a lot of their time to give helpful replies like in this thread:

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Robert,

Thanks for the info. Now my clarification is

a. For ep6 sp2 patch 4 which basic java lib, jmon and jco version to maintain.

b. For apply patch 30 i should first do patch 4 right ?? I think you can't do directly patch 30 from ep6 sp2 patch 3.

Thanks and regards

Moses

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Moses,

> Thanks for the info. Now my clarification is

>

> a. For ep6 sp2 patch 4 which basic java lib, jmon and

> jco version to maintain.

>

As you correctly stated in your first post from the installation documentation:

"update basic java lib, jmon and jco to the latest available versions!" -> so patch 18 , patch 19 and 2.0.10 respectively as described in my first post! So for your clarification: "you can use the newest patches also for ep6 sp2 patch 4 and not only with patch 30"!!!

> b. For apply patch 30 i should first do patch 4 right

> ?? I think you can't do directly patch 30 from ep6

> sp2 patch 3.

You are right! Patch 4 is a prerequisite for Patch 30 so (as mentioned in my first post) first apply patch 4 and than apply path 30, which includes the corrections from patch 5 and on.

> Thanks and regards

> Moses

You are very welcome!

Best regards,

Robert

PS: Have you read my last sentence in my previous post? Any problems awarding points?

olaf_reiss
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

why is it necessary to install the java libs PL18 for ep6sp2patch30?

I have installed java libs PL17 and j2ee6.20PL30. The portal started successfully after these patches .

After installing EP6SP2Patch30 the portal dispatcher could not be initialized sucessfully, but the note of SAP shows that java libs 17 are ok.

What should i do?

Thanks for help.

Best Regards,

Olaf Reiss

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Olaf,

that's correct, it's not necessary to install SAP Basic Java Libs 18 for PL30 as stated in the SAP Note (PL17 should do), but it's recommended to installed the latest version, and this is at the moment PL18.

I would suggest to write your concrete errors maybe in a new thread, in order to have everyone looking at your problem (as many people only look at new threads).

Best regards,

Robert

@Moses: Had you experienced problem with the installation path i suggested?