cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP APO Process chain - set chain to completed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have a step in a process chain which has cancelled. I would like to set the process chain to completed without having to repeat the step which has failed and without executing the subsequent steps.

How do I set the process chain to completed?

Regards

Anne Sofie

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

if you know there particular step was failing then, u can add custom message (to recipient who want to know this info) to the above process, that's make a sense as i know

as i know there is no process to like completed..we need set a message. correct me if wrong

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I do not want to send any message - I just want to set the status of the entire process chain to green (completed).

Anne Sofie

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

then better remove the process which giving error to you, after rectifying the error re add the process, thats only way to green process chain.

regards

oliver_uy2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

There is an abap program that sets the chain and a particular process to successfully finished. its  RSPC_PROCESS_FINISH, you just need to know the variant, the logid, instance the name of chain, then set the corresponding status that you like.

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As i know, RSPC_PROCESS_FINISH program is used to continue the process chain where it was stopped, correct me it wrong, even its manual process, daily need to do in manual...

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Yes I would very much like to use program RSPC_PROCESS_FINISH, but perhaps you can help me with some questions:

Where do I see the LOGID?

Is it possible to run the program without the instance since no instance has been created for the step which are in error? Or is the the instance created in the start step I should use?

Anne Sofie

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you can see log id, time, variant in table RSPCPROCESSLOG

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi anne,

link will give you the some idea to you

http://www.svenvanleuken.com/?tag=rspcprocesslog

regards

oliver_uy2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

LOG ID is the ID for every event that was triggered in the chain. you can check instance and variant in RSPCPROCESSLOG.

please take note that you need to know the corresponding state to put since your plan is to make the status green and not to trigger the subsequent process.

oliver_uy2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

HI KR

Normally it is used to continue the process chain, but you can make some changes to either stop the process of the chain or depending on the state that you like. In our case we usually use this to stop and mark the whole chain as error if our abap programs still thinks the chains are still running even if there is an error already.

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you Oliver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Oliver

Just one final question:

Which status would you recomend if I do not want the following steps to be run - meaning I just want to chain to be stopped?

I guess both status "G" and "F" will execute the following steps.

Anne Sofie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anne,

G - Successfully Completed

F - Completed

X - Cancelled

Yes, both G and F serves almost same purpose.

Choose whichever suits you.

Br,

H

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anne,

What is the step in your APO PC?

Perhaps this FM can help in changing the status of a step.

RSPC_PROCESS_FINISH

To mark a step as complete, Assign value F for STATE input.

Br,

H