Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP ABAP BTP - IAM Apps for Inbound RFC Function module

VijayRao
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

I created an Inbound RFC FM in our BTP ABAP(based on this blog here). After I activated the RFC FM, system automatically generated the IAM apps.

So far all good.

I then released and moved my transport to the QA system. I don't see the IAM apps for this RFC FM in the QA system. How do I generate these IAM apps? Are there any specific steps?

The above issue is very similar to the ABAP RAP developments where we move the transport to higher environments and then manually Publish the service bindings again which automatically generates the associated IAM apps.

The question is how do I get the IAM apps for the RFC FM? I tried publishing locally the Communication Scenario but had no luck. Am I missing something?

Thanks

VijayRao
Participant
0 Kudos

Do I need to create an IAM manually of type external and add the RFC as services? I tried and again no luck.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

FrankJentsch
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

The IAM app is created automatically for each RFC function module, but you need to create the communication scenario manually in the development system as mentioned in the referred blog. These 3 objects (RFC FM, IAM app, comm. scenario) are development objects which are transportable and visible in ADT. If you develop for a transportable software component you can import these objects into a subsequent system. After the import, these objects must be visible in the subsequent system via ADT. In order to make it working at runtime, you need to create the mentioned communication arrangement in each single system, because this client-dependent object is not transported (by intent)