cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales Order Items Deletion

Former Member
0 Kudos

We had a LO Extraction problem and the LO queues got deleted from R/3.

So, we lost some Sales Order Items. We recovered from that by doing a manual setup of those documents and we loaded all the missing documents.

However, there was another problem which was overlooked. Those Sales Order Items that were deleted at time when queues were deleted, are no longer existing in R/3 but are present in BW.

We identified those documents and items to be deleted as 14 in number, which isn't that bad, but which is the best way to delete them in BW?

1) Selective Deletion - doesn't work as we dont have Document number at Cube level.

All helpful inputs will be rewarded.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

dear Venky,

i think ...

try 'export' these 14 docs to text file (csv)

and add 0recordmode or 0storno with value 'X',

then assign the infosource with new source system 'flat file' and create transfer structure with fields/infoobjects sequence as downloaded file,

if you are using ods, i think you may try just the keyfieds.

try simulate this in development, first without 0recordmode/0storno = X to add the records to ods/infocube, then give 0recordmode/0storno = x, and see if they are deleted smoothly.

hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

AHP, he is saying he don't have Document Number if i got his point. that means he don't have the file.

I think delete by request Number. If you compress that data data you need to compare with source system. you need to go for selective deletion.By mistake if you feel over written the existing records...if ODS is in the middile then no problem otherwise. you need to compare the data with source system or you need to load the data again into BW.

All the best.

Regards,

Nagesh.

0 Kudos

dear Nagesh,

yes, since he knew 14 number, i think he may know the doc number at least from r/3 or stored in psa (good if have ods), the idea is to 'mimic' the standard datasource but give 0recordmode/0storno a value that will telling system that these docs should be deleted. e.g infosource/datasource 2LIS_11_VAITM should still have doc number and item 0DOC_NUMBER and 0S_ORD_ITEM.

the text file can be 'extracted' from ods/psa or manual. since 'only' 14 number, even some manual job shouldn't 'that bad' as Venky said.

hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

> dear Venky,

> i think ...

> try 'export' these 14 docs to text file (csv)

> and add 0recordmode or 0storno with value 'X',

> then assign the infosource with new source system

> 'flat file' and create transfer structure with

> fields/infoobjects sequence as downloaded file,

> if you are using ods, i think you may try just the

> keyfieds.

> try simulate this in development, first without

> 0recordmode/0storno = X to add the records to

> ods/infocube, then give 0recordmode/0storno = x, and

> see if they are deleted smoothly.

> hope this helps.

AHP:

I was working on last week doing the same, What ended up happening was that The record still existed with all key figures ended up becoming zeroes.

My flat file had this:

X;0106662496;X;40

X;0106662547;X;10

I tried, X, R & D for the reversal Indicator and the result was same, record still existed and key figures became zeroes in ODS.

Updating to cube(which doesn't have Doc number) is still another long way to go for me.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nagesh:

I have Doc number in ODS, not cube, Selective deletion doesnt work at all in cube case, so ruled out. Deletion of Request is out of scope as I have to delete only 14 items across 10 sales documents.

0 Kudos

dear Venky,

try give transfer rules 0recordmode with constant 'R' ?

hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

> dear Venky,

> try give transfer rules 0recordmode with constant 'R'

> ?

> hope this helps.

I will try that, but, it should have worked when tried with X,R,D in the flat file?

But all I can see from here is that, this is the only way that I can seem to make a clean deletion, unless, someone else has any more slick tips.

Former Member
0 Kudos

you can delete from ODS right using Selective deletion?

Delete the 14 records from the ODS.

Please guide me if i'm wrong.

Nagesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Deletion from ODS using selective deletion is no problem.

But in cube, there is no way, I can get to delete them then.

0 Kudos

dear Venky,

you may try, after delete from ods, do 'full update' to infocube (delete infocube data first and infocube index), after full update, do init without data transfer. try this in dev.

normally recordmode and storno works fine, also you may try check if there is 'item status' or 'deletion indicator' that can be utilized.

i think when you update ods and the value became 0, if you 'delta' to infocube, the value in infocube also should be 0, i think compression may eliminate the records.

hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

AHP,

if we delete requuired data from ODS and infocube...is it solves his problem? he is saying... he can't delete data from ODS... that data is not there in Cube. if we delete data from ODS(Selective deletion) won't slove his problem?

Regards,

Nagesh.

0 Kudos

dear Nagesh,

he said that the value became zero in ods, so if we update to infocube, infocube should be also zero. and if we do 're-init' (full update actually) then these deleted records should not go to infocube.

the same should happen with selective deletion you suggested, after selective deletion, do 'full update' to infocube.

hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

AHP,

I got the point... we don't have document number in the Cube. that's the reason he can't go for Selective deletion.

Your solution perfectly matches. you are great.

Thanks a lot for your support.

Nagesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

AHP this option was our last resort. If there was nothing else that could be done, we were planning to do that.

Points awarded.

Answers (0)