cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Safari window resizing error

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello again,

i know this is long but i wanted to get all the info out front. please bear with me.

i also know that SAP doesn't support BSPs on Safari or Mozilla, but the executives here are all on macs and we need to support it. so...

note: this error only occurs with macs on Safari (so far - we don't use any other mac browser). PCs using IE are fine.

when resizing a window that pops up within our BSP we get a BSP error with termination type RABAX_STATE that tells us that a NULL object is being passed within the program.

ST22 reveals that the error occurs within the method PROCESS_CMD_AFTER_VARIABLES of the class CL_RSR_WWW_PAGE. the method process_help_window is called and returns sy-subrc = 0. the subsequest lines have a nice little case statement that handles the errors (when 4, 8, ect...) but when sy-subrc is 0 it tries to set the output and at that point generates the error.

it seems that the method is returning a NULL pointer but still returns sy-subrc =0.

this is very similar to an error i had earlier when my BSP would crash (in safari) if the ENTER key was used when entering data. (IE would ignore the enter key) I solved that by writing a javascript handler for the enter key and using <bsp:findandReplace> to wrap it around the input fields.

i don't think this will work here. has anyone ever seen this issue? does anyone have any ideas? many thanks.

james

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

eddy_declercq
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have to say first that BSPs will never cause problems in the browsers, it's HTMLB, etc. that might cause issues.

Anyway, I would suggest to use javascript window.resizeto(). See also

http://www.mozilla.org/docs/dom/domref/dom_window_ref90.html

and

http://msdn.microsoft.com/workshop/author/dhtml/reference/methods/resizeto.asp

Eddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

eddy,

thanks - my mistake. i really did mean to say "HTMLB", but in any case i will look at the references. thanks again.

james

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

>SAP doesn't support BSPs on Safari or Mozilla

It is true that there isn't offical support for Safari, but SAP does support BSP Design2003 on Mozilla >= 1.7.5(on Windows, Linux and Mac OS X).

See OSS Note 598860 for browser support details.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thomas-

thanks. i will look at the note.

-james

eddy_declercq
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Pls don't forget to reward points if you find the answers usefull and close the question.

Eddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

thomas, eddy-

thank you for your tips, but i solved the issue on my own by doing what all good programmers do: i avoided the issue.

in essence the call to open the window (window.open) has an option to fix the size of the window (resizable=no) so that voided the whole issue. many thanks again.

james