cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAC Publish data - Role

fouadelhage
Explorer
0 Kudos

What role should I assign to a user so he could publish data in a story?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

SeerOfSig
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Your planner reporting users need to have at minimum read and maintain rights to the model as well as write rights to any dimensions that you have enabled Data Access Control on.

See the SAC help here regarding maintain rights:

https://help.sap.com/viewer/00f68c2e08b941f081002fd3691d86a7/release/en-US/93fec5646f144e109745ce74f...

fouadelhage
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thank you Peter,

If the user is part of a team and I assign a role to this team and then I assign a different role directly to the user,

the user will have permissions of the two roles or only the latest role ?

does the order of assigning roles affect the behaviour?

SeerOfSig
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

roles always accumulate, they don't subtract. It doens't matter the order you assign them or if you assign directly or via a team.

If you asign two roles to a user the rights will add together. If one role is wholly contained in the other it will simply have no effect. It will never however remove the rights ranted by the other role.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

fouadelhage
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Martijn,

No we create first the model 'Planning model' than we create the story and the user should be ale to update data from the story.

mfoeken
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Fouad,

So you create stories without creating a model first and then you want to publish the data by creating a model. Is this your workflow?

Kind regards,

Martijn van Foeken | Interdobs

mfoeken
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Fouad,

What exactly do you mean by publishing data in a story? Because data is either stored in a model in SAP Analytics Cloud or is request directly by the browser through a live connection. Or are you referring to importing data into a model?

Kind regards,

Martijn van Foeken | Interdobs

fouadelhage
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

We can create reports in the story and input data into these reports. we can also run data actions to modify data. But sometimes i can't publish this data. I think this is related to the user role .