cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAC - Model Creation Hangs - KB2707464

Hi Community,

I am interested to hear if anyone has experienced the issue referenced in KB2707464 whereby the SAC Model Creation process hangs up at the popup "Loading - Preparing Model Creation". I have experienced this a number of times with different customers and different tenants. The normal course of action has been to raise a support ticket with SAP, but I have yet to see any real information on the root cause of this issue. There is some suggestion that SAP have to restart some backend process in HANA, but other than that I am somewhat in the dark. Also, because Model creation is usually associated with development projects, it is difficult to get a high priority on the ticket. As a result, Model Creation can easily be offline for 3-5 days (from experience). Sometimes it just seems to resolve itself after a few days.

I would be interested to hear any other experiences with this issue and whether anyone has anymore insight into the cause and/or how to avoid the issue.

Many Thanks.

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Mark

we were in touch by email but wanted to post here too.

If it’s a blocking problem, then Yes: a High support ticket is always route one.

• Tech Support can interact fastest with SAP Cloud Operations.
  • It’s not uncommon for Cloud Ops to proactively clean-up system issues before it becomes a more serious service event, like a degradation or outage.
  • Product support can also provide deeper Root Cause Analysis for an event if there was one.

Coming back to the challenges you’ve experienced - There could be a number of factors at play here that need to be considered:

• is it a particularly big flat-file? how many Rows x Columns are we talking about?
  • are you acquiring data from another system through an odata endpoint, or a downstream query engine?
  • is there a process flow through a cloud connector (virtual host) or an on-premise agent (web tier)?
  • Are you loading data using a selective-replace or a subset import-option?
  • Are you wrangling a new data into an existing model?

The reason for asking is that: There could be points of failure outside of SAC's remit.. as well as more complex areas of the SAC wrangling engine which can be memory intensive operations.

Please stay in touch and let us know if there's a fluctuation in the service: https://launchpad.support.sap.com/#/incident/create

Henry

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

mfoeken
Active Contributor

Hi Mark,

I have experienced this issue as well for multiple customers/tenants. For me also there was no real explanation about the root cause. Not sure you can do anything to avoid the issue.

Kind regards,

Martijn van Foeken | Interdobs

Thanks Martijn. Good to hear it is not just me 🙂

0 Kudos

On our latest ticket, SAP Support have stated that a fix has been developed for this problem and will be released in upcoming patches. In the meantime the advice is to continue to log support tickets if/when this problem arises again. On this occasion Model Creation was unavailable from Wednesday to the following Monday, so it would be worth considering pushing for a higher priority on the ticket if at a critical stage of development.