cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAC Advanced Formula derivate from attributes/hierarchy

0 Kudos

Dear experts,

I'd like to know if is possible to create a derivation inside an advanced formula using an Attribute. My requirement is:

I have 2 Dimensions: Employee and Department. In the Employee dimension I have the Department as an attribute. And the Department dimension has an hierarchy.

My formula was wrote like this: [d/DEPARTMENT] = [d/EMPLOYEE].[p/Department] and doesn't work and I believe the problem is the hierarchy.

The Department looks like the Organization Unit, that means some employees can be assign not in the BASEMEMBER but in every node. Could is the main problem?

Thanks for any help.

Kind regards,

Rui Keiti Kikumatsu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

N1kh1l
Active Contributor

ruikeiti

For [d/DEPARTMENT] = [d/EMPLOYEE].[p/Department] to work in a DATA(), the Department attribute of Employee needs to be leaf member. If the attribute has node/parent as value then it will not work. The reason is both DATA() and RESULTLOOKUP work off only base/leaf members.

Hope this helps.

Nikhil

0 Kudos

Thanks Nikhil for your answer.
My real problem is, in some cases the Department is not a base/leaf member. This derivation works well with other attributes like CostCenter, Company, Division (they don't have hierarchy as well), just the Department has.
Kind regards,

Rui Keiti Kikumatsu

N1kh1l
Active Contributor

ruikeiti

I am not sure if this will work but You can try creating an alternate hierarchy approach where even the nodes in department are leaf members. Follow the below thread for how to set it up. You have to make sure all attribute values are base members in alternate hierarchy of department.

https://answers.sap.com/questions/13858229/sac-calculate-amount-for-specific-gls-gl-account-d.html

Hope this helps !!

Nikhil

0 Kudos

Hi Nikhil,
I'd like to thank you for this approach, it fits well for my requirements and worked pretty fine. This new hierarchy will be used just inside my DA and for my reports I'm able to use the default (is not necessary planning with the hierarchy, just visualization).
Kind regards,

Rui Keiti Kikumatsu

Answers (0)