cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAB BO BI 4.2 - Silent Installation issue

former_member699099
Discoverer
0 Kudos

When I try installing SAB BO BI 4.2 Client Tools SP8 silently using response file that I created, it installs lesser MSIs compared to manual UI installation.

Manual UI - 744 MSIs getting installed as per eventvwr

Silent Install using response.ini - 688 MSIs getting installed as per eventvwr.

denis_konovalov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have fixed your tags to match the actual subject of your question.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

I have to agree with Mohammad here. Doing manual install or silent install should install the same thing.

It's rather unexpected that silent installation with a response file skips some packages and leaves out some files.

I've seen the same thing, in particular all the .NET 4.0 stuff seems to be missing from silent.

I have created a case for that. 566877/2020

Let's see.

denis_konovalov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Why do you think this is a problem ?

former_member699099
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Because silent installation (via response file) does not match the UI installation. I am creating a silent package for this and both scenarios should match as the number of features were selected while creating the response file and same features were selected when installing it manually. So ideally I expect same number of files/sub-products should be installed in both scenarios.

denis_konovalov
Active Contributor

counting MSI's might not be a best indicator for comparison.
does the actual product after silent install has all the options you expect to see ?

former_member699099
Discoverer
0 Kudos

I have also compared files/folders under "C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects" for both silent and UI installation and they have a lot of difference. In short my concern is that the installation should match in terms of products and files/folders in both cases. But here it does not match. Let me know if you need more details on it.