cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

runtime engine files for crystal v10

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have applicatin developed in delphi 32 and using crystal report vcl to work with crystal reports.

Everything is working fine on development machine but on user machine it fails because crystal runtime files are not availble.

I was wondering what files are required for crystal runtime and where I can get it.

Thanks,

Parv

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

fritzfeltus
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

These are the steps to deploy a CR VCL 10 app:

1. Create a new MSI-based setup package using VS Installer or something similar (InstallShield and Wise are also popular choices).

2. Include your project output (report files and binaries) in the package u2013 there are options for setting destinations on the target machine.

3. Download the Crystal Reports 10 Report Designer Component (RDC) merge modules from the website. Hereu2019s a link:

business objects downloads: https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/boc/businessobjects-downloads

direct link to merge modules (EN): https://smpdl.sap-ag.de/~sapidp/012002523100005986212008E/cr10_rdc_mm.zip

4. Include the RDC_ReportEngine merge module in your package. This merge module contains instructions for installing all the runtime files youu2019ll need, save one (see next step).

5. Include crpe32.dll in your deployment package. This needs to go in the program filescommon files2.5in directory on the target machine.

When you install on the target machine, make sure the package is installed with administrative rights (as Administrator is ideal) as some DLLs will require registration and some registry entries will be made. Also, installing u201CFor all usersu201D is strongly recommended and will eliminate problems down the road where one user has installed it but another user doesnu2019t have access to all of the files.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Help please................