cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

run planning sequence on save

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts

I am implementing the How to document for running the planning functions on save. I have 6 different layouts and planning sequences attached to them. I want to run these planning sequences when the user hit the save button and one of planning function in the sequence is to find the errors in the data input if there are any errors I would like to stop the users to save data to buffer. I have implemented the first part of creating the custom class but I am struggling to figure out how to attach the sequences and function to save button to run after save. Please help me as How to is not clear on the second part when applying to web interface.

Thanks,

Raj.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member93896
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Raj,

there's nothing to be "attached". The solution depends fully on the naming of the web interface components. Just put the checking function in the sequence. If there are errors, the sequence will fail, the user will see the errors and nothing will be saved.

Regards,

Marc

SAP NetWeaver RIG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marc

Thanks a lot for your response. I would like to know following three things.

1. What is the naming convection that I need to use.

2. Is this naming convection applicable to the name of the function button?

3. I have some warnings in my fuctions and I am running these functions as after data change in the web excel interface with layout. The function is running but the warnings are not being displayed to the users. Do have any possibility to show warnings when functions are changing the data automatically.

Thanks,

Raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

Did you consider just creating a custom function button and assiging a planning sequence, which contains all the steps for verification and save as the last planning function?

This would ensure that if there were any errors the data would not be saved. This approach does not need any complex coding as well as easy to put on any page in your web layouts.

Sunil

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Raj G,

Would you please give me the link to this document:

How to document for running the planning functions on save.

Many thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello luminy13,

Since I have been searching for hours as well to find this How-to guide (which is NOT found in the BPS how-to guide section), here is the link where you can find it:

How to run planning sequences on save and other events (WEB):

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/e032e790-0201-0010-8bae-f9b...

greets,

martin