cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rule Types in BW

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

when write any rule type in transformation will have to execute the DTP again or

the changes will made into the cube directly.

Actually i am not getting the changes in my infocube. My cube having 10lakh records so its very time

consuming if i have to execute again DTP.

plz slove me this issue.

Thanks & regards

ASHOK

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vk,

Thank you for your answer it's very helpful to me.

Thanks

ASHOK

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member188080
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Venkata,

if you are trying to make some data changes in cube fields ..it will not reflect unless and until you delete and reload the whole data..

If business is ok with not seeing the historical data in the changed state ..data which will get loaded after that transformation change will reflect correctly as per change in rule type..

check with business if they really want to see the changes in historical data..

Thanks and regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for ur reply,

i have one more doubt,i want to  delete master data and load again.

so then there is no problem of uploading to cube, that means i just activate the Transformation and activate the DTP, then the changes will appear in cube level.

hope i was correct.

Thanks and Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Generally , all the masters are full upload, if you want reload only. As suggested by Mr. Kiran , delete cube data & activate transformation , upload the cube data .

Regards,

Anand Mehrotra.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Ashok,

you need to activate both Transformation and DTP, then what ever you have changed in rule will be loaded in to cube.

the data which is already in cube will not be changed automatically(additive nature of cube), most you can delete the data and reload/ selective delete the impacted data and reload.

for master data, since its overwriting with the latest data unless it is time dependant, you may at any time do full load.

for transaction data, unless otherwise you are using master data read in transfermation, there is not dependacy on master data to reload transaction data to cube, still depend on what data you are loading.

hope helpful

krish

Former Member
0 Kudos

there is another solution for history data, load the current cube data to another Backup cube and load back with the new transformation, in case if you scared to loose data

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkata,

After making you have to activate transfornation & DTP , then changes will refelected .

Regards,

Anand Mehrotra.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Anand,

Thanks for ur reply,

Actually i am able to some changes but some of the columns which are showing nulls in the cube.

Regards

ASHOK